Pure Strength Strong Legs & Abs Question

jeni

Cathlete
I was wondering if Pure Strength could be done for muscular endurance rather than strength gains by lowering the weights. I wonder if this is possible for the new Slow & Heavy series as well. Also, what is the difference between endurance & strength training--is it that endurance is so you can last longer (like for aerobics) & strength is so you can lift heavier items? Thanks for any answers/advice/comments!

Jeni

Jeni: If you want to transform PS Legs into an endurance workout, use lighter weights, increase how fast you do the reps, and don't rest so long between sets because you won't need the recovery time. You could even do some stepping up and down or some jumping jacks during the rests for more of a circuit-training effect. I only have the PS series, so I can't answer your question with respect to S&H.

If you really want to increase your endurance, though, I think your best bet is to get Body Max! It's a fantastic workout!

I hope I helped some.

Laura

Thanks, Laura! I like the idea of doing some cardio in between sets. That would be a lot of fun! I already have Body Max--I guess I will need to do it more often, which is no problem since I like it! Thanks again!

Jeni

Hi - for a fabulous endurance workout, you have to get Power Hour! You use lighter weights with faster reps & less rest time than PS, S&H or MIS. Power Hour is all about endurance. I'm doing it once a week, with MIS, PS or S&H 3x/week. I really like the ab section at the end, and the soundtrack is fantastic

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.