pure strength to ctx?

Kath

Cathlete
For the last 11 weeks I've been doing pure strength, alternating with cardio--jogging or step. I'm feeling like I need a change but don't want to stop making progress. If I switch over to ctx, is that considered as tough as ps? I don't want to lose ground. Thanks, Kath

It is hard to make suggestions without knowing what your goals are and what you are trying to achieve. With that in mind, this is what I think:

I strongly recommend the Slow and Heavy Series now that you have been doing Pure Strength for nearly three months. This is a fantastic way to break up the monotony of strength training and Slow and Heavy will challenge you to a whole new level.

If that idea does not appeal to you, how about getting Maximum Intensity Strength and/or Power Hour? Each is a total body workout and you could spend a few weeks doing one of both of those two or three times a week?

Of course, I don't know what you are trying to achieve so the above advice is based on what works for me. My goal now is to maintain current body weight and continue seeking progress on muscle definition. I do three cardios per week in addition to weights.

I think Cathe once mentioned that the CTX series concentrates more on cardio, doing that and one body part in each tape. So if weight loss and less muscle is your goal then perhaps CTX would be best.

Hope this helps and that I haven't confused you further.

Marlene

I don't think my next to last paragraph is stated correctly so I want to amend it here. That will teach me not to post without re-reading. Duh.

The last sentence should have said: If weight loss is your primary concern at this time, then perhaps CTX would be best.

I did not mean to imply that CTX is not a muscle building routine or that you will get less muscle using it. That came out totally wrong from what I meant. But I do recall Cathe describing the CTX series' main focus was cardio.

Marlene

I found CTX a welcome change after doing a PS rotation. However to not lose any ground, I found that I had to work each body part twice a week. I did CTX Leaner Legs and CTX Power Circuit in their entirety each once per week, for the other days I did the remaining CTX series adding on additional body part. For example, I'd do CTX Kickbox and its bicep portion, plus just the tricep portion from 10-10-10. On another day I would do 10-10-10 in its entirety plus add on the Kickbox bicep section. So I'd work biceps, triceps, chest, and shoulders twice a week. Hope that helps.

Stacy

You might want to check out Cathe's notes on the differences in her strength videos. Do a search on "Cathe Video Help" in the "Ask Cathe" forum. If I am not mistaken, CTX (for wts) will maintain your strength while S&H will give premium muscle gain.

Haslina

Thanks for the advice. I'm still befuddled, so I guess I'll just have to try it and see. Right now I only work each body part once a week and am making good progress that way. I wish the library had these so I could test drive them...then again, I've never heard anyone say they regretting purchasing any Cathe video.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.