PS Series advice

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you have ever done a rotation in which you used the PS series 2x/week, and if so, how did you work it out?
I am currently doing PS 1x (each part)/wk + either PowerHour or MIS as my second workout for the week, but I'm wondering how significant a difference I could make in muscle development if I dropped the PowerHour or MIS and did each PS series tape 2x/week with a rest after each, like:
PS:M,Tu,W
stretch/yoga: Thur.
PS:F,Sa,Su
would this be overload on the weights? Has anyone previously done it 2x/week that could give me feedback?
And would adding the extra day of each tape make a significant difference in muscle development, plus I'm preparing for S&H in 6 weeks.
Thanks for any input, Donna

Hi. It's been awhile, but in the past I have done a rotation using PS twice a week and loved it. I had two variations, one had an extra cardio workout, in both I only did PS LA once though, not twice.

-PS CST + cardio
-PS LA
-PS BBA + cardio
-Rest Day
-PS CST + cardio
-Cardio Kicks, Interval Max, MIS or Circuit Max (using a barbell for more of a leg workout not as an upper body workout)+ abs
-PS BBA
-Rest Day

My other variation was...

-PS CST + cardio
-Cardio + PS LA standing portion only
-PS BBA + cardio
-Rest Day
-PS CST + cardio
-Cardio + PS LA floor work and abs
-PS BBA + cardio
-Rest Day

I'd tack on an additional abs section whenever I was in the mood. For my cardio sections, I'd do anything I felt like time permitting, but I tried to incorporate the cardio from CTX Power Circuit and Reebok's Intense Moves in there somewhere for an interval type of workout. In fact I've recently been on a Power Hour rotation and after Turkey Day, I'm planning on doing one of the PS rotations above.

Hope this helps,

:) Stacy

Hope that helps,

Yes, thank you, this not only helps, but I believe I'm going to incorporate your rotation into my own current rotation and see how it feels! Thanks, Donna

Hi Donna,
I just finished a rotation of doing PS twice a week and loved it.
This is how I did it.
Day 1: PS BBA & PS Legs (standing section only)
Day 2: PS CST & PS Legs (floor section only)
Day 3: Cardio
Day 4: PS BBA & PS Legs (standing section only)
Day 5: PS CST & PS Legs (floor section only)
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Stretch or Rest
I want to focus more on strength for a while instead of cardio.
I did my workouts in the morning and if I had time in the evening I might throw in another cardio workout.
Debbie

Hi. I was wondering how much cardio you usually do and if your posted rotation emphasizing strength more than cardio left you feeling "cardio deprived". Also, if you have since upped your cardio did you notice any deconditioning cardio-wise??

Thanks,

Stacy

Hi Stacy,
I usually do cardio at least 4-5 times per week even doing the rotation I posted above. I would do cardio 2 or 3 times per week after work even on the days I would do PS in the morning. I thought this might be to much for some people to fit into their schedule. I read an article on doing heavy and light rotations but they are only 2 week rotations at a time. So for 2 weeks you would focus on more strength and for 2 week you would focus on more cardio. I did this rotation for 5 weeks. I am now doing 2 weeks of a light rotation (Cathe's CTX series) then I will go back to the PS rotation again for 4-5 weeks but I will add at least 2 more cardios on to that. Hope this helps.
Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.