Premixes

jengollf

Cathlete
I have been working my way through all of my new-to-me Cathe workouts for a while. I'm through almost all of the strength workouts, though I still have some cardio + strength workouts, compilations and cardio workouts. So I've been going back through the strength workouts and doing premixes. I LOVE her premixes!!! Though I loved Body Max 2 all by itself--97 minutes is a long workout and I don't have that much time to work out first thing in the morning. Workouts like that have to be reserved for weekends--or I do premixes! Last week I did BM2 Bootcamp premix one day, then on one of my cardio days I did BM2 Cardio Blast premix. This morning I did a Supersets premix--2 sets of every round and group. 78 minutes! WOW! Incredible workout. Though I love both Supersets and Push Pull, when I do them, I wanted "more." That premix fit the bill perfectly! This week, I am doing Push Pull premixes: Upper Body Blast (2 sets) and Lower Body (3 sets).

I adore my Cathe workouts, but the fact that she has these amazing premixes is such a huge bonus! And then the compilations! OMG--when I finally gave in and bought Terminator--I was in heaven! Bootcamp and Muscle Endurance are two of my favorite workouts--thanks to all of the premixes and compilations that contain them, I can have them any way I want them!

Hi Jen

Hi Jen,

When you can please let me know your thoughts about terminator.

It is on my "try out" list.
Glad you are loving cathe's workout.

:)

Nathalie

I've been curious about what's on the BM2 Boot Camp premix. Do they just organize it with UB interspersed throughtout or what? Thanks.

Funny you should ask about the bootcamp premix. I just watched portions of it because I'm interested in adding it to my rotation. What I can gather from what I watched and from the workout manager, it has upper and lower body (4 rounds of legs I think and all upper and abs) interspersed between the tougher cardio blasts. So it looks like a good, tough, all around circuit that isn't as long as the full program but still burns a good chunk of calories. I'm excited to try it.

Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

Nathalie--I've done two of the Terminator workouts so far and I love them! (Imax Extreme and Gauntlet) Imax Extreme mixes Imax 2 and the cardo and combo strength moves from C&W. awesome workout! Gauntlet mixes Imax 2, C&W combo moves and Bootcamp cardio blasts and strength moves. I LOVE it! Intense bootcamp/circuit workout. The only real issue I had with Gauntlet was that because it was pieced together you aren't really given the time you need to change plates on your barbell--so I had to pause it several times. I'm doing Viper next Saturday. I'll post here after I do it.

Exercise-lover--here is the break down for the BM2 Bootcamp premix--I loved it btw. The power circuits contain the lower body strength work and cardio/blasts.

Bootcamp 78 minutes
Warm up
Power circuit segment #1
Back work
Abs- rockets shoots/thrusts
Power circuit #2
Chest work
Abs- reverse crunch
Power circuit #3
Shoulders
Abs- oblique crunch
Power circuit #4
Bicep work
Abs- side plank to balancing snow angels
Bonus cardio
Tricep work
Abs- crunches
Stretch

Thanks so much for the break down. That looks like fun. I really like BM2, but it's fun to mix it up too. I think I'll try that.

I finished up my premix week with Butts and Guts Overall Legs premix. WOW! Amazing! I thought the Push Pull lower body premix (3 sets) was intense--this was insane. I loved it, even though at the end I was cursing Cathe when she made me do the hamstring/glute/outer thigh floor work (with ankle weights on) all over again. OW! I am still feeling it in my quads and glutes. I knew I was going to love that premix because I loved the bonuses and that's the only premix on B&G that contains all 3 of the lower body bonuses.

Anyway--I had a lot of fun with premixes this past week. There are so many more I want to try, but I have other workouts scheduled for the next few weeks--and my fingers are crossed I can start Xtrain in January.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.