Powerhour (how often for a rotation)

amyjohauge

Cathlete
Hey everyone,
Just have a quick question about powerhour. I just finished up a 4 week rotation with S&H series, and am now moving on to a 8 week rotation with Powerhour. How often do you do Powerhour in a week to see results? And do you include any other strength training during the week? I just did Powerhour on Sunday and this morning my quads are extremely sore. I don't know if I could do this one more than twice a week. Any suggestions? Amy Jo

I've enjoyed doing Power Hour 2x week & using another total body workout, circuit training, or kickboxing video for a 3rd strength day. Doing the same video 3x in a week takes a bit of the fun out.

Debra,

Have you been seeing muscle gains &/or weight loss results from this rotation? I've been trying to decide which rotation to do to get the fastest, maximum results.

Thanks!

Hi Amy Jo! I only do PH once a week. I add it to either S&H, PS or MIS. But I am looking to increase muscle size, so I prefer a slower, heavier strength routine. I do PH 1x/week to build up muscular endurance. So I guess it depends on what your goals are. But I imagine doing PH 2-3x/week would get you great results, because as you know, it is tough!!!

Good luck :)

marnie

PS - I do S&H, PS or MIS 3x/week and PH 1x/week. I rotate between total body & split routines every two weeks.

marnie

Not really, but my eating hasn't been super clean. I build more body muscle with PS or S&H. For me, definition comes from low body fat & I certainly haven't lowered mine the last 2 months. I also cut back on cardio in Sept & Oct. Lots of factors: Sept 11, a seasonal cutback in cycling, & then a medical condition. So I'm not a good case study! But I really enjoyed Power Hour & it gave me a chance to work in something different each week which I didn't do with Slow & Heavy.

Thanks, Debra. I'm in the same boat - no motivation or energy to get up early & workout, & now an ankle injury. I used to be SO good at a clean diet, but with 3 kids my willpower has disappeared! I'm going to start again tomorrow with at least some lower body strength & as much cardio as my ankle will allow. I am determined to get back in control of my fitness.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.