Power Hour Triceps

maureen

Cathlete
Does anybody else have to go light on these exercises. I find that I have trouble with 8lb dumbells and can only complete the song with five. If I use a barbell I lose my form. Maybe that is
just my weak spot, and I will have to work those extra.

I do too - On MIS I can do 12lb on the tricep kickbacks and on PH I can only do 8lb - and that feels very hard. I don't know if the tempo is faster, or if my triceps are already fatigued from the barbell extensions - there are a lot of them. I'm sore the next day, so they must be working.

Me too. I have to use lighter weights for this whole tape, except for shoulders, which is kind of frustrating. I have the hardest time with the second set of barbell tricep extensions. When I get fatigued my left arm wants to flare out to the side and it's a struggle to keep good form. I'm o.k. with the kickbacks but 8lbs is as heavy as I can go. Sigh. I've just finished a 3 wk rotation with PH and now I'm moving on to PS so I can lift heavy and feel like an amazon again ;-)

Lorrie

For all of you getting frustrated because you can't go heavy on Power Hour---cut it out ;-) This is meant to be more of an endurance tape, not raw strength. And, if you are getting fatigued, it's doing it's job! Now, if you're doing all the reps light and feel NOTHING in the muscle, THEN is the time to get frustrated because you're not getting the full benefit of the workout. I started doing the triceps with my 12# body bar (Cathe uses, what, a 24# or 30# bar!) and that was challenging. But, as I used it more, I moved up in weight. There are so many rythm variations and different ways of doing the moves than are usually used in weight videos, and I find it to be a great way to wake those muscles up.

Hi! Gotta agree with Kathryn here... of course we are going to go lighter on PH. This is why I do a slow/heavy workout 2-3x/week and PH 1x/week (I'm going for size/strength increases). It's endurance vs. mass-building. I do 12lb kickbacks & 20lb barbell french presses on MIS, but only 8lbs during PH, just like you guys. It's how the workout is designed. You got it girl! :)

ditto with everyone's comments. I just did powerhour this am and ouch! the bicep section is esp. deceiving! I do 8lbs as well with the tricep kickbacks, and 16 lb barbell for extensions....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.