Power hour or MIS?

ChubbyChick

Hi,
I am new to Cathe's Tapes and wanted to know what tape you guys might suggest? Power Hour or MIS? I am 5'4" and at 143 lbs ... I find that lighter weights dont make me look too chunky and want to be toned and lose weight. I do well with The FIRM's classic videos as opposed to their SCULPT videos. I hear lots of good things about MIS...but Power hour is brand new and looks good! I hope though that it is lesser reps and speed than body pump...I hear lots of injuries with the rep/speed of body pump!

I prefer Power Hour - and I can't really tell you why. It has been a while since I've used MIS, though. One of the main reasons is time - one hour about does it for my schedule. Both videos are fast paced and constant. PH has more recent moves and techniques, though both produce good results. If I were you I would get PH, then maybe MIS another time. Either one is only possible for me once or twice a week, depending on my rotation schedule. ANYWAY...though you'd do well with either, my vote is for PH.

Have fun.

Joanna

Hi Joanna!

MIS and Power Hour are really designed by Cathe to focus on two different goals -- MIS is slower reps and heavier weights, designed to build muscle mass, and Power Hour is focused more on building muscular endurance with a faster pace and (necessarily) a lighter weight. But, as Cathe says, if you're new to weight training or if you're new to a Cathe tape, you'll get strength gains even from one of her endurance tapes. And likewise, I'm sure that you gain endurance from using MIS simply because a stronger & healthier muscle will have more endurance. You could also do MIS with lighter weights if you feel that you tend to bulk up.

For myself personally, I couldn't choose one over the other because they're so complementary of each other, and I think both are going to have an important place in my long-term rotation plans. I just got Power Hour and I do love it (I especially like the abs section), but it's so different in my mind from MIS and I love MIS so much that I can't even say I prefer one over the other. The music on PH is fabulous and it's a bit shorter. On the other hand, MIS is a lot of fun and really pushes me to my limits in a different way, and on a day when I have the time, it makes me feel like I've REALLY put in the work because it is slightly (I think maybe 10 - 15 minutes) longer.

See why it's a tough choice? You can't go wrong either way!

Kathy S.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.