Power Hour and forearms

kathryn

Cathlete
Anybody else out there find their forearms feel really worked during Power Hour? I especially notice it after the back work. I'm glad we have a break (well, at least for the forearms!) with lunges, I don't think I could do arm exercises right away..when I do the lunges, my arms are a-shaking holding the dumbbells at my side!
I guess I do a lot more strength work than endurance, because this entire routine is a good challenge for me.

I especially notice that my forearms are really tired at the end of the tape when I am doing abs with hands behind my head. They really start to fatigue then and it is such a strange feeling.

YES! I did PH this morning & was totally noticing this. On my way to work, I really felt it in my biceps & forearms because I went a bit heavier than the last time I did PH

RE: Forearms

I don't have Power Hour so can't comment on it specifically. However, late last winter into early summer I was doing my own self-designed heavy (very heavy, probably too heavy)lifting routines and suffered forearm fatigue a lot. Just holding the heavy dumbbells for lunges caused fatigue! A different group I belong to suggested this was poor grip strength and prescribed Hangs. In a hang, you do just that--hang from a bar. After a while the fatigue lessened. Now whether that was due to the hangs themsleves or if I just got stronger I don't know.

But even after all of this, I still have skinny forearms--particularly on the tops (more so than the underside). I think they look so underdevelopped compared to the rest of my body, especially my calves. I haven't been doing hangs. But I do always include hammercurls in my bicep routine.

Do any of you do wrist wrist curls? Do they help build size? I'd swear I read an article in M&F that measured muscle output and it said that the forearms are used just as much in bicep exercises as in forearm specific exercises. For this reason I haven't bothered.

Jeanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.