PH vs. MIS

eam531

I have MIS, which I love, and was wondering if any of you have PH and could tell me what it is like and how it differs from MIS.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hi, Elizabeth!

I love PH...the music is fun and upbeat. I have MIS, too, and enjoy that one as well.

Check out the post in the Ask Cathe forum called "CTX series or Power Hour?", because in Cathe's reply, she talks about the difference between PH and MIS, as far as what endurance and strength gains to expect.

Veronica

Elizabeth,

I have both PH and MIS and I like them both. But I think I like PH better. For the most part, you do more reps with lighter weights (except Cathe uses 40 lbs for squats and plie squats as opposed to 35 in MIS). I think that you really feel the burn in this workout more than MIS. Your muscles are really worked to failure. The lunges will kick your butt good. I also like the fact that Cathe uses different poundage for almost every exercise. In MIS I always just tried to use that barbell loaded with the same weight throughout the whole tape and I think I should have been lowering it for some sections. You also take shorter breaks in PH than in MIS. Some of the exercises are the same as MIS, but you do more reps at varying speeds. Overall, the workout is somewhat similar to MIS but different enough to challenge you and shake up your routine after doing MIS for awhile. The ab section is good but I like the MIS abs better. That is just my opinion. It is a little shorter than the MIS abs section and I just feel like I work my abs better in MIS. But MIS is also 15 minutes longer than PH so she could make the abs a little longer in that one. Hope this helps.

Try PH, you will love it!!!

Kristie Schultz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.