Opinoins on original body max.

nkuangel

Cathlete
Hey all,

I have been trying to decide which workouts to get next. I have BM2, B&Gs, LIC, drill max and cardio fusion among a few others. I feel like I have a really good foundation of cario but not much as far as just straight weight lifting. I know almost all of the weight lifting exercises that Cathe does but I know that many times I will not push my muscles to exhaustion or failure when I work out at my gym and find that for some reason Cathe makes me want to push and pull till I simply cannot do another rep.
She has a deal where there are three workouts on one dvd power hour, bodymax, and maximum intensity strength. I just wanted your opinions as to whether or not these would be good muscular endurance lifting workouts. Also how well do you all like bodymax, I guess I am a little turned off because it looks so dated as far as the outfits, music and set. It sounds like it is a really great deal all of those on one DVD for 49.99.
Also how much harder are those workouts than say her gym style series or can you even compare them. I guess I just can't imagine how she could make them harder than what she has just released.

Any opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. One day I will probably end up owning all of her titles! but for now I must choose wisley.

nkuangel

nkuangel,

I have this DVD and it's a good traditional weight training for endurance (PH and BM) and some strength building (MIS). You can go heavier with MIS than with PH or BM so there is scope for heavier weight training. There are no fancy equipment, just a step and traditional weights. I like this workout and still use it occasionally, but I prefer Muscle Endurance from Intensity Series over PH and Muscle Max from Hardcore Series over MIS. BM is comparable to BM2 because it's the same format. It does not have premixes and is not but can still mix and match to make up your own routine. I like the upper body section of BM.

If you do not have Intensity Series then I would reccommend that. I love this series as I find it so complete, there is both light and heavy weight training and plenty of cardio. This one has Pyramid Upper Body & Pyramid Lower Body (heavy weights), Bootcamp & Muscle Endurance (endurance weight), IMAX2 & Cardio and Weights. But in terms of value for money then BM1 DVD is probably a better buy right now.

Yen

This dvd is a good buy for MIS and PH themselves. I rarely use BM, but I still find this a good deal, the other two workouts are excellent!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.