Obsession with Power Hour Abs...

Shelbyfit

I must confess: For the past 4 consecutive nights, I have done the abs segment in Power Hour. Yes, it's awesome with its bicycle maneuver and planks and all the rest, but the thing that has me hooked is...the MUSIC!!! I am completely obsessed...to the point where I increase the volume on my tv until it's almost deafening...and I sing along as I crunch. :)

I don't know when I will be able to return to the S/H ab segments or those in other tapes altogether...but for now, I am committed to Power Hour. :)

Just wanted to share.

Anyone else really into certain music on the newer Cathe tapes?

Amy S.

Yes, the warmup on Rhythmic Step, followed closely by part 1!
Just call me,
Hooked ;-)
p.s. I have a similar obsession with the warmup music on IMAX.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot about the music in Rhythmic Step, especially during the warm-up and Section 1! I feel so energized during that warm-up, and I definitely credit the motivating, fun music for a lot of that. :)

It's amazing how something as simple as music can invigorate me when I'm getting fatigued or lacking energy toward the end of a workout. I'll be thinking, 'Can I finish this?' and the music will suddenly give me that extra push I need. Gotta love it.

Amy S.

Music

I have the same feeling about the warm-ups for All Step and Step & Intervals. I love that music, especially early in the morning. It just says, "good morning, it's going to be a good day" today.

:) Gretchen

Shelbyfit, I agree. The abs section in Power Hour is my favorite now too. I keep the tape cued up to that spot every day!! I just did Rhythmic Step this morning, and the music that really gets me is the part during the Challenge at the end. It sticks in my head all day!

Funny you say that, I feel the same way about the challenge music. While I was still in the choreographing phase, and had to time things out, that song really grew on me :).

The intro song on "Power Hour" and one other song on that workout were floating through my head for a while after I did the workout. (Though my first reaction to the intro song was "what is that?" because the background vocals sound like a bird outside or like one of my cats meowing somewhere!).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.