new to working out / which tapes to get

gettinmovin

Hi- I'm pretty new into working out. I was recently introduced to The Firm videos and over in their forums lots of people talk about Cathe tapes in their rotations. I would like input on what might be good for me. I am a beginner. I can't to high impact aerobics. I have the Firm tape "Fat Burning Workout" and I love it. My main goal right now is to lose some of this fat, and start to see some muscle. I think I mostly need cardio work outs right now.
Any responses woulf be greatly appreciated.

Try, "How to get in Shape for your Wedding"

It's (got two workouts in one) a cardio & weight training video (cardio burns fat but weight training tones & firms you up & defines your muscle).

Fay

RE: Try, "How to get in Shape for your Wedding"

Hi Gettinmovin. I started with Cathe only a few months ago myself and love her. I agree with Fay on the Wedding tape, it's actually a great buy because you get your cardio first and then there's still a whole body weight training workout so you're getting two workouts in one. I cannot do high impact myself but have many of her other tapes. I just leaves the jumps out or substitute something else during those times ie, maybe do a few squats, heel jacks or even march in place whatever works for you and my heartrate still stays up there. Step Heat is a little slower paced and also has a good ab workout at the end, so is Mega Step Blast. Since her moves are more complex than Firms and at a much faster pace, you will probably do a few rewinds trying to do the tape. The tapes are broken down into sections. Sometimes people just learn one section at a time and then add on. When I really can't figure out what Cathe just did and am standing there like a deer in the headlights, I have actually put the tape in slow motion to see exactly what she is doing. I think any of her tapes are doable, just lower the impact and take your time. I have to keep it low because I have osteopenia in my hips and arthritis in my knees, and like I said, they still work for me. Once you try her, you will be hooked, she is very different from the Firm, which is where I first heard of her too. Hope this helps, didn't mean to get so long winded. I'm home with pneumonia and the only thing getting exercise right now is my fingers. LOL Take care and let us know how you do. Everyone here is very supportive. Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.