New.. old dvd :-)

Zozo

Cathlete
I think I'm due another cardio dvd. (I make excuses ALL the time to buy another one. This time it's because the weather here is depressing me!) Anyway, I want to try one of the older cathe dvds. I think these can only be bought together, for example I think it's Imax 2 and cardio+weights.. and then there are other compliations. What does anybody recommend? Any dvd that is after the hardcore series really, I think. Intensity series, or the ones even earlier than that. I don't mind whether it's step, kickbox or anything, I just need help choosing! I have no idea about any of these older dvds.. and as they are slightly more expensive (although better value, as you get more than one dvd) I don't want to make the wrong decision! ;)

Thank you :)

Kick, Punch & Crunch or Imax2 would be a great purchase. They are two of my absolute favorites. KPC comes with Legs & Glutes, which is a pretty good lower body workout.

I agree with Mabdoo - Imax 2 + Cardio & Weights is a great dvd. I was scared to do Imax 2 at first because of the blasts but it's quickly become one of my favorites. I am getting better and better at it. :)

I've been noticing that a lot of Cathe "Featured DVD's" that you can get the discount on are "older" DVD's. Perhaps that will help you. I check every week to see what's on "sale". I don't have a lot of recommendations as I'm still a "newbie". Right now I'm learning Low Max and it is quite intense with a lot of blasts. I do, however, have 5 more still in the wrapper that I just rec'd. I like to try them one at a time till I learn the moves properly so as not to get really confused! I see a lot of votes for Imax 2, perhaps I'll have to add that one to my wish list.

I think it would be helpful to know if you prefer step or kickboxing or circuit training to give you a recommendation. I know you said you don't care, but it would definitely influence my recommendation.

For example, I love straight step routines without any blasts - so I would say the 3 workout in 1 dvd, with rhythmic step,

I also really enjoy the step routines with blasts - so if you want low impact - then Low Max, if you like high impact and want a really good workout, I would say Imax 3,

If you want a circuit workout, then I would say Drill Max (or Low Impact Circuit). These (Drill max and LIC) are a lot of fun and great calorie burns.

All of her dvds are excellent, what really matters is what you personally prefer, I think.

I love Imax 1, Imax 2 and Imax3.
I vote for Imax 2 (love the music and the blasts).
If you are looking for weight workouts they are all great.
I also love Kick, Punch & Crunch, Step Blast, Step, Jump & Pump, Body Max 2, The Terminator,.....all of them :p

Timea

Terminator

I've gone for the terminator. Thanks for your recommendations. I don't know why I went for it actually.. I think it's because I'd read that it is maximum calorie burn of all her workouts.

What does anyone think of the terminator? There are no timings written for the workouts either.. so I hope they're long enough. Imax 2 is next on my list!!

Thanks again

Hello

The Terminator :eek: I love this DVD. And yes the workouts are long.
Have fun with your new baby ;)

Timea

I've gone for the terminator. Thanks for your recommendations. I don't know why I went for it actually.. I think it's because I'd read that it is maximum calorie burn of all her workouts.

What does anyone think of the terminator? There are no timings written for the workouts either.. so I hope they're long enough. Imax 2 is next on my list!!

Thanks again

The Terminator is great and yes, they're definitely long enough - 70 minutes for Gauntlet and IMAX Xtreme and 80 minutes for the Viper. The Gauntlet is probably my favorite. IMAX Xtreme has the most cardio. The Terminator will give you an idea if you want IMAX 2/C&W since the Terminator is a compilation of these workouts plus Boot Camp and Muscle Endurance. Most likely you will want IMAX 2.

Marcy

Oooh, I'm excited now :)

Oooh, the Terminator sounds wonderful! I wish they'd figured out how to teleport dvds, so I'd get them faster! The suspense is killing me! ;) He hee

I pre-ordered shock cardio too. I really am NOT all that good at waiting. he hee

And thank you :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.