New to Cathe - Need Advice

krisk

Hi Everyone,

Up until this week the only Cathe I had was MIS. Well I took the plunge and got the DVD 12-pack! My question is, can anyone rate the different cardios by how advanced (in intensity) and how complex (in choreography) they are? I am not the best at choreography that is too dancy, too many moves strung together, or not cued well! The cardios are in/include: Body Max, Rhythmic step, Interval Max, and MIC.

Thanks for whatever info you can provide!

Kris

My opinion

Hi Kris,
Wow - you are going to have fun with all of those new workouts!!
As far as intensity, those are all very intense - I think Body Max, MIC and Interval Max are Cathe's 3 most intense tapes. Rhythmic Step is less advanced in intensity.
Personally, I think MIC would be the easiest as far as choreography, followed by Body Max and Interval Max. Rhythmic Step is pretty complex.
You didn't say in your post what other non-Cathe workouts you have done - if you are not an experienced stepper, I think these would be tough videos to start out with. I would start with MIC in that case.
Good luck!!
Erica

RE: My opinion

Thanks Erica!

I tried doing MIC (step portion) today and that was about right for me as far as choreography goes. The only other step tapes I have are Fat Burning Breakthru, Crunch Step with Kendall Hogan (I can't remember the exact name) and a couple of Gin Millers. My big problem is that most days by the time I get to do my workout it's the evening I am pretty tried from the day and I find it tough to concentrate on learning new steps and choreography. I previewed Rhythmic Step and that will probably take me a while to get - I'll have to try when I am fresh!

Thanks Again,

Kris

RE: My opinion

Hi Kris,

I think Erica gave you great suggestions. The selections you picked will all be pretty easy to pick up as far as choreography, with the exception of Rhythmic Step (which I haven't had the courage to try yet hehe). One thing to add is that you have a ton of combonations you could make up with all the different DVDs. IMAX is also very basic choreography purposely since it is so intense. It's one of my favorite Cathe workouts. If you don't have the energy to do the whole thing you could do the step portion of BodyMax and add on a few interval chapters from IMAX as one example. There would be tons of other ways to break them up too. I got all the DVDs as well and its going to be a blast mixing and matching them. Anyhow it doesn't sound like you will have too much trouble with any except Rythmic Step..which is a challenge for all of us it seems :) Have fun with your new DVDs !!

Alison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.