Need your feedback on Cardio Hits

Carmen829

Cathlete
Hi I'm doing Cathe's October 08 rotation. It requires Cardio Hits or at least 60 mins of high intensity step. I watched the clips and the routines seem fun but I'm wondering if I can get the same intensity and fun if I purchase a newer DVD such as Body Max 2. What do you think? If you have cardio hits, do you still pull it out and use it or have you out grown it? The only step DVDs I have are the two from 4DS, Step Blast, Step Jump Pump, LIC, LIS, IMAX2, & C&W.

Thanks for your help.
Carmen.

Cardio Hits is definitely not a DVD to outgrow -- it has three really fun step workouts on it that are pretty challenging. Power Max, in fact, can kill you if you are not in tip-top condition.

Tobermory

I also like Cardio Hits. Step Works is may favorite (probably the most complex although not that bad). Power Max is the most athletic. Step Fit is somewhere in between. Step Works and Power Max are 60 minutes. Step Fit is 70 minutes and has a macarena cooldown. They are fun, sweaty, steady-state step workouts that get your heartrate up. They are a little dated but I'm glad I have them in my collection.

Marcy

Could you describe Power Max? I'm not fond of step aerobics right now (actually, step aerobics isn't fond of my foot), so I'm looking for something with minimal step and maximum intensity.

Power Max is a 60-min. athletic step workout. Nothing complex - basics, knee repeaters, drop squat, pendulum, the 360, hops across the step, jogging on the step, lunges off the step, walk around the step, ponies and kicks on the step, turn steps, pump repeaters, hamstring kicks and scissor jumps (cross country). If you want something intense that has maximum intensity and minimal step, try Maximum Intensity Cardio (the hi/lo portion) which is about 30 mins. She does have a 30 min. step workout which is done on 8" with basic choreography.

Drill Max also has some good cardio without a lot of step (only one out of the six drills uses the step).

I would suggest you look at the video clips. They will give you a good idea of what you're in for.

Marcy

Definitely worth it! Dated clothing, awesome workout. PowerMax is still one of my favorites, & I bought it in 1997! :)

I have most of these on VHS but don't find myself pulling them out that often, although I enjoy them when I do. Anyway I never purchased the DVD. I like having the premixes on the newer DVDs. For your rotation, SJP & SB has a good 60 minute cardio premix. It's called Step & Hi/Low Cardio Circuit. I just did it yesterday in a rotation I'm doing and loved it. I really enjoy the entire Body Blast series. I think it's the music :D. There's also a lot of variety with BM2 because of the premixes. I did a boot camp premix from that one on Monday and I know there's a cardio blast premix that will guarantee a good sweat. You may also want to look at Cardio Fusion.

I have most of these on VHS but don't find myself pulling them out that often, although I enjoy them when I do. Anyway I never purchased the DVD. I like having the premixes on the newer DVDs. For your rotation, SJP & SB has a good 60 minute cardio premix. It's called Step & Hi/Low Cardio Circuit. I just did it yesterday in a rotation I'm doing and loved it. I really enjoy the entire Body Blast series. I think it's the music :D. There's also a lot of variety with BM2 because of the premixes. I did a boot camp premix from that one on Monday and I know there's a cardio blast premix that will guarantee a good sweat. You may also want to look at Cardio Fusion.

Great information. Thanks. Thank you everyone!!!

I think this is a great DVD to have though I've been doing all those workouts since they were released. They really stand the test of time.

Jo :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.