Need recommendations for intense step tapes with simple steps

Fitnik

Cathlete
Hi all !

Step is my new found love and I wondered which of Cathe’s step tapes I could start with? I’m an advanced exerciser and am especially fit aerobically but hate complex choreography. I love high-intensity step workouts (I’m a huge fan of Intense Moves) and don’t mind high impact. I’ve got Interval Max and MIC but was frustrated by the choreography on Imax - haven’t tried MIC yet. Surely there must be tapes of Cathe’s that:-

· Are 30 mins to an hour long max. (all-in)
· Have simple choreography which is linear in nature (ie no travelling around the step etc..)
· Are intense workouts with intervals if possible.

I’m compiling a long list of tapes I want DH to get me for Xmas and the Cross-trainer series, Circuit Max and the Wedding tape are on there - from previous reviews these would fit the criteria above. But please give me other recommendations - thanks !

You might like Cathe's StepMax. I just did it on Monday, and the choreography is definitely linear in the first part and very basic moves in the second. The third part is plyometric and interval like. I had not done it for awhile and was impressed with how intense it was. I think Megastep Blast and Step Heat are less dancy as well. Candace Copeland has an old Step tape that's pretty basic as well, and then there's Kathy Smith's first step tape, which is also pretty basic.

You definitely need to try your MIC tape - that's very intense and the choreography is not complicated.
Step Max and Mega Step Blast are both good tapes to start with if you are not familiar with Cathe's choreography.
Have you tried Mindy Mylrea? She has some intense step tapes that are more athletic and not dancy.
Good luck!
Erica

Hi! I just wanted to mention that I think the choreography in CTX is MUCH more complicated than the stuff in IMAX.. Maybe I'm wrong--I personally don't have any trouble with complex choreography, so I don't know if my opinion would go along with the average...
I think everything of Cathe's is much more complicated than Intense Moves choreography. I don't want to put you off of Cathe (I hardly work out with anyone else), but I'm just not sure if her step tapes will fit your bill...
Hopefully I'm wrong! ;-)
Wendy

I was thinking the same thing...I don't have a problem with choreography either, but I would guess that Cathe's is complex to others.

How about Reebok Power Step? Very very simple choreogrpahy. Nice music too. However, I have heard people say they think it is boring. But maybe that is because of the simple choreography.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.