Need Help Ordering Tapes

mlmccauley

Cathlete
Hello!! With X-mas approaching I am putting a list together of videos I want. DH is getting me CTX and S&H series but btwn everyone else I have room for approx. 10 more. Need suggestions!! I heard Mega Step Blast is a good Cathe starter (I am somewhat a klutz w/choreography) but will I adapt too quickly? Have been Firming aprrox. 2 years and ready to kick it up a notch. Please recommend videos and why you recommend them. Please also mention your fitness level so I can gauge myself as to whether I am ready or not. THANKS!!!

Hi! Congrats on being able to get a good Cathe collection going! For cardio, I would suggest Cardio Kicks. It's a non-step, tough kickboxing tape that is easy to learn but very challenging. It's really fun too. You get a total-body cardio workout that really works your upper body through punching drills, your abs/core from balancing during kicks & punches, and of course your lower body from, well, everything else! And there are some excellent plyometrics in there too. And the music totally rocks. I love this tape. I consider myself an advanced exerciser, and I get my cardio primarily through running, but I like to cross-train with cathe's kickboxing workout. So my vote is for Cardio Kicks. Good luck and have fun! Oh and the Slow & Heavy series is my absolute favorite strength training workout right now. I love MIS and PS, but I'm hooked on S&H! Love the results so far

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-01 AT 07:54PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi, I'd consider myself a high-intermediate/low advanced stepper. I've been stepping for about 15 years but have only been doing Cathe tapes for the last 2 years. I consider myself mediocre in the clutz category. I found myself doing any of Cathe's step tapes at least a good 3 times before I started feeling comfortable with the footwork. The intensity still kicks my butt though even now after having mastered all the footwork. In my opinion even though the CTX series has shorter cardio sections they arent the easiest to learn b/c Cathe moves pretty quick! I havent done the S&H series yet so I cant comment on it. But if I had 10 more Cathe videos to choose, I'd definitely pick.....

CardioKicks-great floor work/kickbox, great alternative to days you dont feel like doing step aerobics

Maximum Intensity Cardio-offers both hi/lo and step on the same tape

PowerHour (a favorite of mine)-it's just fun! And, it's nice to be able to do a total body strength workout in one session

Interval Max--great kick butt cardio workout with pretty simple choreography

As for Cathe's all step tapes, I'd say Mega Step Blast is a good place to start as far as choreography goes. Step Heat is also a more basic tape. The easiest choreography is the step portion of The Wedding Video. As far as fun factor goes, I enjoy Step Jam and Rhythmic Step, though the choreography in Rhythmic Step is a bit tricky in my opinion.

I say you cant go wrong with any of Cathe's tapes, just dont let the initial frustration you may have with the choreography get you down. Once you get the moves, and I'm sure you will, you'll be buying the rest of her videos. Let us know what you decide and how you like them!!

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.