Music on the Videos

nyc729

I love the Low Max video and the new video series as well. I get a great workout when I know the routines. But, would love to put my own music to the workout to not get so bored. Any ideas?

use a cable

from Radio shack to go from your ipod (1/8th inch to RCA) to the audio input on your tv. Still use the video input for your dvd player. Then make a playlist of what you want to here on your ipod. Just watch the volume. You should start with a zero audio level and slowly turn it up because the audio out of your ipod may be greater than what you have out of your dvd player, I would hate for you to get hearing damage! That should work. Although, if anybody else has a nifty solution I am much curious to see what that would be :D

Just a question - how do you make sure that the music is on the same beat as the routine? I've always wondered this for people who play their own music. If you're doing a cardio routine you still need music with the same beats / minute and be able to start it at just exactly the right moment. (Making any sense)??

Just a question - how do you make sure that the music is on the same beat as the routine? I've always wondered this for people who play their own music. If you're doing a cardio routine you still need music with the same beats / minute and be able to start it at just exactly the right moment. (Making any sense)??

Unless you have a mixing board (or whatever professional musicians/DJ's have), you can't. That's why, IMO, the "music off" option doesn't work for cardio (unless you can step off-the-beat, which I can't).

If you happen to have a music CD with the same bpm as the routine, it's possible, but very difficult I would think, to synch up the music. It would take a few tries getting started. Another complication is that the warm-up is often at a different bpm than the bulk of the workout.

One option would be to choose music that doesn't have such a strong beat (like the kind of music Beach Body uses in P90X and Chalean Extreme and other workouts where it is just 'background' and not meant to set the beat).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.