MIS Tape Question?

donnam

Hi. I have a question about MIS tape. First, I absolutely love it! Second, I'm very apprehensive about doing the deadlift sequence and wonder if anyone has a safer for back solution:)
Third, I pause the tape in between sets for all exercises on tape . Cathe doesn't take much of a break but I sure need it. Heart rate gets up there:) Is it o.k. to do this?
I use somewhat heavier weight than is used. Any input is appreciated. Donna

Hi Donna - I absoultely love MIS too! Deadlifts are one of my favorite moves. They do take a while to master though. Since deadlifts primarily work the hamstrings, I imagine you could do hamstring curls with ankle weights as a substitute. Regarding longer rests between sets, I say do whatever makes you feel comfortable. If you are using heavier weights than they use in the video, you may very well need longer rest periods.

Hi, Donna:

I have a bad back, and when I can't go down very far on deadlifts I bend my knees a bit more to emphasize the work in the hamstrings. Then to make up what was lost to the back I get into a more back friendly prone position and do extensions according to what my back tolerates that day.

--Ann

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.