MIC kicked my BUTT!

Runcrazy

Cathlete
I did MIC today after not doing this for at least two years (maybe three). I forgot what a killer cardio workout this is! I made it all the way through, and all the moves came right back to me, but boy did it kick my BUTT! I know I'll sleep good tonight!

Anyone else try this lately?

Jo

I love MIC's floor hi/lo, more specifically the last 17:00 of the floor section where she vaults into the highest intensity. In fact, I created several mish-moshes and custom-recorded DVDs with that part of the workout on them, one of which I'll do tomorrow.

I think a lot of us (I know I do) forget how nosebleed Cathe has always been; when I revisit "older" workouts I'm always pleasantly re-surprised!

A-Jock

Yes! Just like you, I hadn't done this one in years and when it showed up on the STS rotation, I couldn't resist. It really kicked butt:eek: This was my very first Cathe W/O (got it in '99) and it hasn't gotten any easier.

The hi-lo is my favorite part and really the only one I do. I'm not a fan of the step routine. I do it on days when I can't get out for a 30 min run because I get an endorphin rush, similiar to a runners high, when I do it.

I agree, this is a great cardio workout, but I tend to avoid it. The step section doesn't click with me, I find it kind of dull. But I do like the blast parts at the end of the step. And the hi/lo can be nauseating on the wrong day. I have to be completely in the mood for this one. I do maybe once every 6 months. It has a huge dread factor for me. Also, my knees tend to hurt after this one, and the other Cathe cardios don't do that to me. If I wanna work that hard, I usually just reach for IMAX3. Its a lot more fun to me. But MIC is a great cardio sweatfest, just not my cup of tea.

Nan

I too find the step section a tad moderate for my taste; a good way to mish-mosh MIC is to sling in I-Max 3 and do the blast-only premix after the hi/lo, or I-Max 2 and do the blast-only (with recoveries) premix after the hi/lo. If you really want to keep things ultra-high with the I-Max 2 mish-mosh, simple chapter-skip to the next blast in the blast-only premix thereby omitting the recoveries. The way the blasts are sequenced makes this more doable than you think!

A-Jock

I love MIC's floor hi/lo, more specifically the last 17:00 of the floor section where she vaults into the highest intensity. In fact, I created several mish-moshes and custom-recorded DVDs with that part of the workout on them, one of which I'll do tomorrow.

I think a lot of us (I know I do) forget how nosebleed Cathe has always been; when I revisit "older" workouts I'm always pleasantly re-surprised!

A-Jock

Yes! LOVE LOVE LOVE the floor section and the ending blasts! And I agree with you. I tend to think I've gotten way more advanced since those older workouts and that they are more intermediate - until I DO them! One of my other favorite older step workouts is Step Works. She kicks the intensity up right from the get go. And of course the ever endearing original Imax!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.