MIC is the DVD Picture better than the vhs?.

D

debra123

I just finished it tonight and the sound and picture haven't been very good. For those of you that have both is the picture on the dvd better and the sound better?

One more thing,I think this is my 4th time completing this workout and my oh my Cathe was tough then and tough now. Maybe the more I do it the easier it will get. I completed it all the way through without stopping but I was wringing wet and boy was my face red:) . Do any of you do it regularly and do you have any other cathe workouts that are tougher than MIC (cardio). Someone mentioned one time they thought bootcamp was harder but not for me.

I am just curious I love to get feed back from everyone. Thanks ladies and have a great weekend.:)

OH what a feeling woo---hoo,finishing MIC tonight

Thanks all you Cathe Diehards I love this meessage board you are all GREAT and very helpful.

Deb}(

Hi Deb - I use to have the VHS and I now have the DVD. I honestly don't remember a problem with sound or picture!! But "oh by the way" I have this planned for tomorrow so I'll let you know! The only thing I can remember right now is that I always get dripping wet with sweat and red-faced too!! :)

Jo

Hi Deb!

First of all, congratulations on finishing all of MIC! What an accomplishment :) I still have to split the hi/lo and step and I can only do the step portion with a 6" height. I've got to get strong enough to do it all in one shot! It is one fantastically intense workout.

I have MIC on DVD only so I cannot say too much about the picture, although it is not as sharp as the newer workouts. I think that might be because of the lighting on the set of this particular workout. The sound, however, was noticably different from my other Cathe DVDs. I have to turn the volume on both MIC and IMAX way up high so I can hear it. Also, the volume automatically gets louder in certain portions of the workout then goes back down again. I used to think this was a DVD defect until I checked with my sister who verified hers was the same way. I think the sound on most of Cathe's workout from those days is not that crisp. . . . but it is hardly a problem. Some ab workouts (like the one from Bodymax) on the Ab Hits DVD has the same sound and picture as MIC.

HTH :)
Faiza

Hi Jo
Let me know how you make out with MIC today. I think I will keep that workout for a Saturday morning. I have been mixing up my workouts and the intensite levels.I needed to show myself that age is just a number(48). I think no matter at what age we can be fit and healthy for life.

Today I will be doing killer butt by Delores Munoz and 3 segments of 10 minute pilates solution.

If I remember correctly I think you also do Billy Blanks as well don't you?.I sure want his new advanced bootcamp workout. I wish I could just buy the one,but maybe later they will have it for sale. I think it looks great. I actually taped the infomercial can you believe it?.

Have a wonderful day today. I will check back later today.

Have fun with MIC today woo---hooo.

Deb:) }( ;-)

> Hi Deb!
>
> First of all, congratulations on finishing all of MIC! What
>an accomplishment :) I still have to split the hi/lo and
>step and I can only do the step portion with a 6" height.
>I've got to get strong enough to do it all in one shot! It is
>one fantastically intense workout.
>
> I have MIC on DVD only so I cannot say too much about the
>picture, although it is not as sharp as the newer workouts. I
>think that might be because of the lighting on the set of this
>particular workout. The sound, however, was noticably
>different from my other Cathe DVDs. I have to turn the volume
>on both MIC and IMAX way up high so I can hear it. Also, the
>volume automatically gets louder in certain portions of the
>workout then goes back down again. I used to think this was a
>DVD defect until I checked with my sister who verified hers
>was the same way. I think the sound on most of Cathe's workout
>from those days is not that crisp. . . . but it is hardly a
>problem. Some ab workouts (like the one from Bodymax) on the
>Ab Hits DVD has the same sound and picture as MIC.
>
> HTH :)
> Faiza

Good morning Faiza

you keep working on MIC and you will get it down believe me and it will get easier. When I first tryed it I thought cathe has got to be kidding,I must admit I was getting pooped last night and it was tough but I need to challange myself and make sure I can do it and I did yea!. I am not getting older just more healthy and fit.

You have a wonderful day today

Deb:) :)

Hi Deb! Well I made it through just like you!! :) I hadn't done this in a while and it whipped my butt (and yes I was properly red-faced!) :) Like Faiza said, the picture is not as sharp as the newer DVD's but it is fine on my player. I also have to turn the volume up more. I think it's probably a little better than the VHS since the VHS version was "put" on DVD - but the DVD technology helps improve it a little. The fact that it's not as sharp is not a problem for me...they continue to improve the technology and this was made when like 7 or 8 years ago. It is definitely worth getting the DVD though because it's easier to get to the step if that's the only part you want to do, etc. And yes, age is JUST a number (49)- we're close! :)

Regarding Billy: yes, I love his workouts - I haven't got the Bootcamp yet but I want to also. My last purchase were the Circuits - have you tried those? I've been trying to behave on my spending especially since Hardcore is coming. Once I get through Hardocre I'll be buying more Billy! :) :) Let me know if you get Bootcamp.

Also, I want to know about Munoz - you're the only person I know of that has that. Is it any good? I saw good reviews about it in a magazine a while back.

Jo

I don't remember any big sound problems, but the picture on the MIC DVD (and other DVD's that were made from what was originally a video, like PS, MIS and the like) is definitely not as clear as the more recent workouts that were intended from the beginning to be on DVD. I think the sound is a bit muffled, but as I said, nothing reallly major.

>Hi Deb! Well I made it through just like you!! :) I hadn't
>done this in a while and it whipped my butt (and yes I was
>properly red-faced!) :) Like Faiza said, the picture is not
>as sharp as the newer DVD's but it is fine on my player. I
>also have to turn the volume up more. I think it's probably a
>little better than the VHS since the VHS version was "put" on
>DVD - but the DVD technology helps improve it a little. The
>fact that it's not as sharp is not a problem for me...they
>continue to improve the technology and this was made when like
>7 or 8 years ago. It is definitely worth getting the DVD
>though because it's easier to get to the step if that's the
>only part you want to do, etc. And yes, age is JUST a number
>(49)- we're close! :)
>
>Regarding Billy: yes, I love his workouts - I haven't got the
>Bootcamp yet but I want to also. My last purchase were the
>Circuits - have you tried those? I've been trying to behave
>on my spending especially since Hardcore is coming. Once I
>get through Hardocre I'll be buying more Billy! :) :) Let
>me know if you get Bootcamp.

Hi Jo,yea good for you for doing MIC today.
I think that is a good idea to get the dvd. I forget the other 2 workouts on it. I had forgotten how long the step section was but all in all I thought it was fun and what an accomplishement. I bought killer butt by delores Munoz from www.overstock.com.It is a good workout. It has lots of lunges with kicks and squats and She is an ex boxer.The music isn't as fun as cathes but I like it a lot. It is repetitive but that doesn't bother me. I need those lunges and squats. Check out the reviews at www.collagevideo.com.The reviews are really good.It is very nice talking to you. I am off to read oprahs magazine and watch tv. I will sure let you know if I order bootcamp. I also have cardio circuit 2 and I really like it a lot. I am really 48 1/2. Have a great evening. I hope to talk to you soon.

Deb

>Also, I want to know about Munoz - you're the only person I
>know of that has that. Is it any good? I saw good reviews
>about it in a magazine a while back.
>
>Jo
}( ;-) :) :)

I just completed MIC yest. for the first time too.

Before, I could just do the hi/lo - I have to do it on the rebounder.

I didn't do the blast - way to high impact for me.

I only have the VHS and the picture and sound are fine.

Just for the record, I think that Cathe's earlier stuff - pre-intensity series, are some of her toughest workouts. I was able to complete IMAX2 before I could comlete MIC.

Thanks for the encourgaing words Deb! I can't wait to till the day I can do all of MIC in one shot. I'll let you know when I get there ;-)

Have a wonderful week :)

Faiza

Fazia
you have a great week too. I can picture you doing MIC FROM START TO FINISH and the picture is great. You are standing there with a big smile on your face :) saying what an accomplishment.;-) woo--hooo. What is the rebounder?

I hope you have a nice day.

Jazz
I feel the same as you about some of cathes older workouts. They are tough whew!.

Do any of you have any of cathe's cardio dvds that compare to MIC?
MIC will be one that I can challange myself with for a long time to come and that is a good thing The sweat dripping off of me and the red face is worth it LOL
}( ;-) }( :p
DEB:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.