Maximum Intensity Cardio

meg512

Cathlete
Hi everyone, quick question. I just did Max Intensity Cardio for only the second time and I seem to be having a really hard time doing some of the moves in the high/lo section. I work out in my living room which has quite thick carpeting and was wondering if this could be my problem. I have no problem with any of Cathe's step tapes. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Thanks so much. Mary

Hi Mary! If you are new to hi/lo this could just be a matter of getting conditioned for a new type of activity (in which the hi-lo would get easier for you as you got acclimated to it).

Another reason for the difficulty is DEFINITELY a thick carpet. A thick carpet does not provide any energy return therefore making it feel like your sinking in sand as you land.

Another thing to consider is that there are quite a few plyometric moves in this hi-lo routine which can cause you to go anaerobic at times, winding you quite differently than staedy state aerobic workouts do. If this should be the case ease through the workout at a gradual pace, and eventually it should become easier.

Good Luck!

Cathe, thanks so much for responding. I am not used to hi/lo, acutally I take a lot of the high impact moves out because of my knees. I was having trouble doing some of the twist and turn type moves and there is also a move where you go to one side with one knee up maybe three or four times and then go back the other way with the other knee ( not sure if you will know which move I am talking about) that I had a hard time with. I think that the carpeting could definitely be a problem on those moves. I was also thinking that this was only the second time that I have done this tape and was extremely exhausted already when I started the tape. I decided to try it after I had worked all day after being up at 4:30 am. I'm sure my energy level was not what it should have been. Thanks again and hope your doing well with your pregnancy and that your guys are feeling better. Mary

Meg,
Do you have a rebounder (mini-trampoline)? If so, you could move the high impact section to the trampoline with a little bit of modification (though as I recall, the high section doesn't really travel too much).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.