Master Your Body....

I think you are talking about Energy Action Circuit Body Bar workout. I have done it and I really like it. It's a little cardio and a little weight training so you can use it 2 ways--add more cardio or more weights. I like to throw in a CTX cardio before hand myself. Now don't let me mislead you. When I say a "little" cardio and strength, I simply mean that it is not extensive in either area. It is a combination of these two elements and it is tough. It is a little easier than some of Mindy's other videos which helps to not dread doing it. Great workout with a lot of variety.

Hope this helps. Take care, Cyndie

Hi Stacy,
I have this video and have done it a few times. It's fun! After the warmup, Mindy starts out with a strength segment that consists of several sets of various squats, ending with a series of plyo-squats. Then comes the first cardio portion, using the bar in a horizontal position on the floor, and doing lots of shuffles and jumps and hi-knees and skater leaps and fast runs, etc., all typical Mindy-type cardio. Then the 2nd strength segment consists of bent over rows & military press, both of these including an element of balance by doing them on one leg...then bicep curls while doing calf raises, and tricep work while doing toe lifts for the shin muscle. Then another cardio segment, this time with the bodybar vertical on the floor, and doing lots of jumps and runs over and around the bar. The final strength segment starts out with lots of lunges going front, side, and back...and then plyo lunges aka power scissors...some one-arm rows...then a couple of pushup variations, plank position & final stretch.
The cardio portions of this tape are very similar to the hi/lo portion of Extreme Intervals...and actually, the strength segments are quite similar to Pump Party. This tape is pretty much a blend of Extreme Intervals and Pump Party.
Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.