Lovin 4-DS

exercise-lover

Cathlete
I got 4-DS a couple weeks ago. I started by previewing the 4 different programs, as Cathe recommends. I decided the High Intensity Step would involve too much jumping for my poor knees, so I will skip it. I'd be modifying more than following! That said, I LOVE the Low Intensity Step. What fun! I had to do it a couple times to get the dancy steps, but now that I have it down, it's soooooo much fun! The 30 minutes goes by quickly. The shoulder workout is good too.

I have KPC and KM and have always enjoyed both of them. I now have a new favorite kick box routine in the one in this set. It's non-stop and really works all body parts, especially the core. I only have to modify the jumping jacks to be able to do it, which is easy. It's fun. The leg work after the kick boxing is great.

Same goes for the Boot Camp. It reminds me a lot of Drill Max. It's that much fun.

I recommend this DVD. Anyone else like it???

Ha! I logged on to the forum just so I could post how much I'm loving 4DS, and here is your post!

I've had this forever (since it first came out--did the preorder). But I shelved it because I had my house up for sale, moving, etc., and didn't want to learn new workouts. Boy, was I missing out!!! These are soooooo much fun! I'm really sorry you can't do Higher-Intensity Step because it is a blast. I loved Kickbox, and just did Lower-Intensity Step today. What fun, what fun. I did have to do some rewinding, though. I'm looking forward to Bootcamp tomorrow.

I love the 4-day format: It leaves me time to get in some running, yoga, and kettlebells. I really hope Cathe does some more 4-day splits.

You know, I love the 30 minute cardio format. Today, I did the low intensity step then rushed off to my Pilates class. I was still able to get 30 minutes of cardio in before the class. If I want 1 hour, I can do two of the segments. It's so flexible. I haven't had time to explore the premixes yet, but I'll bet they are fun too.

I'm also sorry I can't do the high intensity step, but I'm more than satisfied with the rest.

you can modify HIS, you don't have to do the jumping and stuff, it is still a great workout.
cathy

I have to say, the 4DS is my absolute favorite series! It's a marvel of efficiency with the 30 minute workouts, and SO effective! It offers so much versatility with all the different premixes, too. You just can't beat it! I bought it for the weight work and I totally feel like I got my money's worth. I usually choose the weights first premix and then do my own cardio. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this set!

I got 4-DS a couple weeks ago. I started by previewing the 4 different programs, as Cathe recommends. I decided the High Intensity Step would involve too much jumping for my poor knees, so I will skip it. I'd be modifying more than following! That said, I LOVE the Low Intensity Step. What fun! I had to do it a couple times to get the dancy steps, but now that I have it down, it's soooooo much fun! The 30 minutes goes by quickly. The shoulder workout is good too.

I have KPC and KM and have always enjoyed both of them. I now have a new favorite kick box routine in the one in this set. It's non-stop and really works all body parts, especially the core. I only have to modify the jumping jacks to be able to do it, which is easy. It's fun. The leg work after the kick boxing is great.

Same goes for the Boot Camp. It reminds me a lot of Drill Max. It's that much fun.

I recommend this DVD. Anyone else like it???

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!:eek: The cardio if fabulous and the weight workouts ROCK:cool: I did my own rotation with this series for about two months and got some great results. Lean out and toned up alot! I did the weights as a three day split and the KB and BC along with running for cardio. I also threw in some LIS when i got bored with running on the treadmill...

If anyone reading is on the fence about ordering this series..ORDER IT, you won't be disappointed:)

I just got 4-DS last Friday and I love it!! I was in heaven when I saw the number of premixes on each disc:eek:

When I first started doing Cathe DVD's I just did the featured workout and didn't give much attention to the premixes, but lately I'm a premix addict:eek:, the options are limitless!

I'm glad this thread was started. I've been working out with Cathe for a little over a year, and I didn't hear too many good things about 4DS. I went ahead and brought it, and I absolutely love it. It's my favorite DVD because it has so many premix options!

Drover,

You mentioned that I could easily modify the high intensity step. Please give some suggestions. It seemed to me that I'd be modifying more than following, but am really eager for suggestions. It does look like fun. I just can't do much jumping or pivoting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Martha

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I would but in here regarding modifications for 4 DS high intensity -

I have recently injured my knee - probably from doing too much step, (it is my favorite cardio workout these days) - so I have had to do a lot of modifications to step workouts. What I have been doing in order to still get in my step dvds is to

1. just use the step on the floor - no risers - I felt like such a wimp when I started, but it does make a difference to the knee - and at least I'm up and moving.

2. Also, whenever she jumps - I step - and for doing things like triple steps and turning - I just walk and pump my arms - sometimes I walk backwards around the step

I have only done this workout once so I don't remember the specific moves in this routine that I modified, I am just thinking in general of ways I have had to modify.

I am sure others will be able to help you out a lot more regarding specific moves.

What I do know is that I loved this routine! It was so much fun. I also like the dancey - more complicated foot work (I love rhythmic step!) and this one fits those characteristics...I just wish it were longer :D

Hey, thanks! You've given me some ideas. It does look like a very fun workout. I'll try it and just "wing it." You're right about just keeping moving. I also use just the step without any risers. It's the only way if you have knee problems. I really use my arms a lot to compensate for the lower height. Thanks for the ideas and encouragement.

sorry martha, just saw this. well, when i do HIS, if i'm not gonna do the jumping i use 2 risers. and i don't usually do the pivots cuz i get dizzy. LOL! i make my movements really big to compensate. sometimes, i use 2# wt. gloves to make workouts more intense. i don't do this w/ alot of cahte's though, cuz hers are so hard anyway.
anyway, next time i do it, i'll try and see what i do or don't do. hope this is a little bit of help.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.