Love Cardio Drills! Suggestions please???

CatB

I have the Cardio Fusion DVD and lately I have been using just the chapter "Cardio Drills". I like those because I am into High Intensity Interval training and i like that I can do 6-7 "rounds" of this higher intensity stuff.

Can anyone make any recommendations for any other DVD's in this style (either Cathe's or others)? Please do not included DVD's that incorporate lifting into the drills, as I am looking for cardio only type moves. if you are familiar with the Cardio Drills in Cardio Fusion, then you know what I mean!

Thanks so much :)

Cat

Bootcamp the original and KickMax both have Cardio drill premixes.

I have been doing Bootcamp as either an add on or repeating it as it is pretty short as it is a premix from the entire circuit workout. As well I really enjoy the Bootcamp from 4DS but that is alot of money to spend if you don't want any of the other stuff.

Good luck
Heather

Here's another vote for the cardio only premix in Boot Camp (Intensity Series) and the drills in Kick Max.

Drill Max has great drills. I do the Ultra cardio premix where you do all 6 drills twice through. Very intense!!

Thanks, Ladies! I will check out all those DVD's on the site and think about which to order next.

Also, any other fitness people you like, as far as DVD's go???? I know, tough question, since Cathe ROCKS!!!!

hey ya'll, i am gonna try to start the HIIT tomorrow on my son's treadmill. is it considered HIIT when you use one of the dvd's? i thought it had to be like running or something. i have always wondered why some of cathe's stuff is not HIIT. there are times during some of her workouts that i have to stop and breathe for a couple seconds. anyway, just wondering.
cathy

I think that bootcamp can be HIIT if you are working hard enough, no matter how you look at it though bootcamp is still intervals. I do think its easier to do HIIT running outside rather than on the treadmill, it seems safer. What if I get light headed and uncoordinated on a treadmill, I could fall off! Then that would be LOLIIT, laugh out loud interval intensity training. :D

Drill Max (cardio only premix)
4DS Bootcamp
Imax 3 (burst only premix)
Imax 2 (burst only -- no premix, but you could do 'skip chapter')
STS Meso 3 Plyo Legs (without the weighted work portion -- skip chapter)
P90X Plyo Legs
Chalean CLX Burn it Off
Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 min to Fitness Bootcamp (cardio only premix)

Another vote for Drill Max. I think it is Cathe's hardest workout. I love that you don't need a whole lot of equipment for it too.

Drill Max (cardio only premix)
4DS Bootcamp
Imax 3 (burst only premix)
Imax 2 (burst only -- no premix, but you could do 'skip chapter')
STS Meso 3 Plyo Legs (without the weighted work portion -- skip chapter)
P90X Plyo Legs
Chalean CLX Burn it Off
Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 min to Fitness Bootcamp (cardio only premix)

Can you tell me what you mean ny "Burst Only"???

"Burst Only" should actually be "Blast Only" which means only the high intensity interval blasts and not the step portion of the interval. In the IMAXes, Cathe does a step routine 6x through and then a blast which usually lasts about 1-2 minutes.

Marcy

ok, i am dying! i did HIIT on the treadmill today and it just about killed me. it is HARD!!! and running hurts my feet soooo bad. it literally took me 20m to recover when i was done. and i was a bit dizzy.
ya know, i was wondering abot 4DS boot camp. it sure did seem HIIT to me. think i'llstick to thouse. and of course, my son was sitting there "coaching" me. making me go faster and harder than i probably should. :)
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.