Leslie Sansone walking tapes

amyjohauge

Cathlete
Hey everyone,
With winter coming I wanted some walking tapes for inside. I am an advanced exerciser, but wanted some low impact for my days off, in between my BodyMax and other Cathe tapes. Has anyone ever tried Leslie's tapes? Amy Jo :)

Hi Amy Jo,
I had Leslie's 2 mile walk and I think the intensity might be too low for an advanced exerciser. I used to use this tape when coming back from illness or injury, but found that the only way to keep my heart rate up was to add impact which is just the opposite of what you want to do. I think it is a very good beginner workout - I gave it to my mother and she likes it a lot.
I would suggest trying some intermediate tapes for those lower intensity workouts.
Erica

I tried a 4-mile walk, which is the most intense workout she does (you also use light weights in the final section). I'd say it probably gets up to intermediate level if you REALLY put a lot of energy into it. I got bored with it very quickly, and couldn't take the back-and-forth "chit-chat" between Leslie and another woman (some head of Weight Watchers). Unfortunately, I don't think there are any intermediate/advanced walking workouts out there (unfortunately, because I was once looking for some as a low impact alternative).

Hello Amy Jo,

Deborah Crocker's 'Ultimate Low Impact Aerobics' is a great low impact intermediate day workout. The only problem is that it's from 1987 so finding it might be a bit of a challenge.

The music rocks and the routine really flows, the only thing that is really dated would be the leotards, and some of the choreography but other than that you wouldn't even know that its so old. You might be able to find it for a good price on E-Bay.

Oh, and Candice Copeland offers some good lower impact routines, you might check her out too.

Good luck,

DeeDee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.