Leaner Legs or PLB???

pugsrule

Cathlete
Hello All!

Which do you think is tougher (in a good way)-- Leaner Legs (from CTX) or PLB?

Have a great day!!!!!

IMO, these two workouts are both very tough and they are different animals so to say that one is better than the other is tough.

Leaner Legs is tough because it is pretty much non-stop. You're doing squats, then doing lunges, then doing deadlifts, then doing calf raises, the doing sit and stands. IT NEVER ENDS for the whole half hour. It's hard to go really heavy because the pace is just insane (in a good way). This is more of an endurance workout and boy, does it make me sweat.

PLB is tough because of the pyramiding technique. If you start pretty heavy and go up with each set you will DEFINIITELY feel the burn. After your legs are good and fried then you have the ball work which is very challenging and adds a new dimension of pain to the workout:D . While there is an endurance quality to this workout because each exercise has you doing 5 sets, because you get progressively heavier with weight I would consider this a strength workout.

I guess where to start depends on what you are looking to do, add strength or work on muscle endurance.

Leaner Legs is both tougher and more painful for me. However, I think PLB is a more thorough and complete leg workout.

LL is tougher for me because I do PLB more, and I think my body has learned to adapt to the workout. Because I do more strength training, my endurance lags behind.

Pinky

I waited for others to post to see if anyone mentioned what I'm going to say. When I did LL I felt it mostly in my quads. When I posted about it I got confirmation and that's when I went back to PLB. That said, I now have L&G and LOVE that workout...like others say, it hurts so good! Just something to throw in...

JMHO

Sue<><

I prefer PLB, because I find that it works hamstrings and inner thighs better than LL. Now with PLB I can "see" those muscles (I used to only "see" my quads) :D
I don't know if other fellows here have had the same experience than I had... LL is also more painful for me, but I did not find it more efficient than PLB, which had met my needs.
Sue, I did Legs & Glutes last saturday for the first time, and I find that it is even tougher than the other two, I felt it on all the different zones of my thighs, this is really a great workout:D :eek:

My vote would be for PLB. I always got better results with this kind of lifting. I do like the heavy 8 rep set myself...:)...then the stability ball section....that really gets my inner and outer thighs well. I got to thinking though...Leaner Legs and the ankle weight section of Legs & Glutes....that would be a killer...in a good way...:)...Carole

Sue, you're right. L&G is a great one to throw in. It works out my legs in a way that LL or PLB hasn't. L&G is tough on my knees though. I think it's the very fast pace of the workout. And those explosive lunges... my knees can't take them so I do regular static lunges.

And Carole, I LOVE your idea -- LL and ankle weight segment of L&G.:7 I'll probably skip that part where you lift your knee while standing then extend your leg. I hear that puts a lot of stress on the knee joint. My knees have just been the biggest killjoys latelyx( but I know that if I don't take care of them, I just might not be able to work out at all...

Pinky

You're going to think I'm nuts but here's what I've found in regards to the two aches that I had before working out. I had knee issues (arthro. in 92--which was the main reason I never ventured into step) and hip pain (bursitis). Since I've been working out I don't have those problems anymore.

I do understand about the pace of the step-ups in LG...if I start having probs I'd just slow them down a tad. Also, I generally stay away from the explosive stuff...quite honestly, in fear of having knee problems again.

I remember doing my first Cathe and posting here about how badly my knees hurt. My knees hurt so badly and I took the max. motrin that I could shove in my body. But, I really think it was that my knees weren't used to that sort of movement and it took awhile to build strength there as well.

Just my ramblings...
Sue<><

Well, since others are posting combinations, I quite often do Leaner Legs up until the abs, then do the calves and ball work from PLB, then the abs and stretch from Leaner Legs. It takes just over an hour. Adding on the floor work from LG is an option too, and it's shorter.

Mogambo,

You've inspired me - I'm doing this combo this morning!

I need to start focusing more on more lower body and stop wimping out -- Thanks for the suggestion!!

Kim

I agree that LL is tougher to get through, but PLB is more thorough in a way.

I like to tack the PLB floorwork onto S&H Legs!

Angela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.