KPC or Kickmax?

lulubell

Cathlete
I take it from research that KPC is preferred but I don't have either and would like to get one....something to replace Kenpo X, just not doing it for me, not getting the heart rate up, so which should I get, my only thing holding me back from KPC is I don't really want the legs and abs that come with it but if it is worth the price just for the kickboxing then I'll get it. Are the two dvd's that different (KPC and kickmax)?

Thanks,
Aggie

There is no 'leg work" in KPC but there is in Kick Max.

KM is 'ok', but KPC is 100 million times superior to KM. Trust me. In fact, if you'd like, you can buy my KM from me as I am about to sell it on Amazon or Ebay...let me know if interested! ;)

Hi Aggie!
I'm guessing by "leg work" you mean "Legs & Glutes"? That comes with Kick, Punch & Crunch but it's a completely separate workout (and a very good one at that if you ever decide to use it! :) )

My vote is for KPC! I agree with Clarissa that KPC is far superior to KM (although KM is good too). KPC is straight kickbox from start to finish and the kickbox segment and kick/punch combos both really get the heart rate up! There is also a good ab segment at the end, but I know you said you weren't really interested in that. With KM, I think there are 4 or so kick/punch combos that, in my opinion, don't get the heart rate up as high as KPC. After that there is an intense hi/lo aerobic segment with air jacks and such. At the end of KM is a killer leg drill segment.

I do like them both, but prefer KPC and I think that is more of what you are looking for!

Good luck! Hope this helps!

If you're looking for a good all-around kickbox workout, get KPC. It's a fun, effective workout with great premixes too. I know you're not that interested in Legs & Glutes that comes with it, but it is a great leg workout nonetheless. The premixes that combine kickboxing with the leg workout are great too. (Sorry for saying great so much.)

I mostly use KickMax for the leg conditioning drills. I don't like the combos as much as KPC, and the middle section (the high impact drills) are almost too much for me. I would've much preferred a workout that alternated the combos and those high impact drills.

Anyway, to make a long story short, get KPC!

I guess I'm odd manout - I love KM especially for the leg work that it has. I also like KPC. Either one I have to be in the mood for kickboxing. Of course there have been times when Cathe has it on for the rotation & in the mood or not - I get there after a few minutes! :p

KPC. It has more pre-mixes, too. It's much more fun. KM is great, but given a choice of only one, I'd take KPC almost every time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.