Kick Max -review

JAFitMama

Cathlete
OK, I just did this this morning.
My overall comment on this workout is that is is amazing. Upper body, core and legs get all become exhausted at some point during this workout.
The warm up and 4 kick punch combinations start out easy and gradually icrease in difficulty. They are not very high impact, but are very effective.
The blast challenge name is an understatement! The whole segment is like 15" from HE((! It consists of 10 blasts and a short recvery. The blasts are as follows:
1. front-back-center- airborne jacks
2. lunge- jump-side kicks
3. jump rope zig-zag jumps
4. jab blast- rapid fire
5. 3 jumps one tuck jump ( kick butt jump)
6. plie jumps a very large # of them!
7. sequential power kicks, triples repeated
8. hammer lunge/kick series
9. power lunges ouch!! think L&G only l o n g e r
10. tuck jump- qucik hop-hop
Then it follows with leg conditioning drills (with chair)
round ouse series
side kick series
hip flexor/ front snap seires
front thrust series
concluding with a decent stretch.

*By the time the leg conditioning drills started my legs were already fried from yhe blast secvtion. However I pushed to do every rep and for the first time ever, I swore at the TV!!! AJ will love this workout.

I understand why Cathe put in a low max and stretch DVD in this series. A body needs to balance this workout with some very thorough stretching and a high energy lower impact workout in the same week.

I had already done an interval workout this week and a kick box workout before the HC series arrived. HSC was planned for tomorrow, but I will probably benefit more from Low Max and one of the stretching routines.

edit~ for spelling and grammar

AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

Thanks for the great review. I do caution you, however, that Low Max is a lot more intense then you might think. I initially thought the same thing when I chose to do it yesterday morning. I don't think Cathe has another cardio workout (in any of her older series, that is) that ever made my legs feel so "twitchie" (in a good way, of course). It's a great workout, but it's not an "light day workout", in my opinion. It's also an interval workout, so you might want to wait a bit before doing another one!

Have fun,
Shelbygirl

Hey Shelby~
Thanks for the heads up. I did check out the reviews/ comments reguarding Low Max. Hmmm, perhaps I should rethink tomorrow's workout.

Great review.
I also did this workout this AM- but without the chair work since I did floorwork yesterday and I loved the workout- challenging and refreshing.
Only one problem, my DVD froze after the 3rd combo- yuk. Any one else with freezing problems?

Thanks for the excellent review! Just curious, did you experience the sound problems we're starting to hear about?

Thanks, again!

Lisa

I previewed this one today. HOLY CRAP!!! Those blasts made my legs tremble with fear. It's a good thing I was sitting on the couch. I have it lined up for Saturday. I plan on going easy on the cardio tonight and tomorrow in preparation. I'm going out to dinner on Sat. night so this should help me work up an appetite!:7

I agree that this workout is tough. I was sweating bullets during the combo's and they didn't seem that hard. Then the intensity drills!!! That is no understatment, they are intense. Then the leg drills. I was pretty much done by then and my leg was not nearly at hip height. The variety and intensity were really refreshing and I just loved it.

Tracy

I did just the 50 minute premix yesterday, and I was thinking that any DH who poo-poo's Cathe workouts should try this one! This is one SERIOUS workout! I will only do the full workout on a week-end day when I'm well rested!

Just echoing what everyone else has already said...just did this one this morning and...oh...my....gosh....this one had me begging for mercy! lol Definitely hardcore, this one is!! Whew!! Love it! :)

I did this one this morning, too. Whew! My face is still red and I finished 45 minutes ago. After the blast section, I was thinking, "Leg conditioning drills??! What have I been doing for the last 50 minutes??!" I hung in there. :) It was my intention to do half of this workout and then switch to lomax and do half of that one, but I was enjoying KM so much that I just didn't want to quit! There was a lot more turning in this one than KPC . It was a lot of fun and was very fresh feeling.
No freezing, no sound problems whatsoever.

I also did this one this morning. Whoaaaaaw!!! I was literally crying ( more like pouting) at one point during the leg drills. I don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow. Good thing it's an upper body day. Oh I forgot I did the step only lowmax last night too so this adds to my DOMS!! Lomax really works those legs

catherine

I did this one this morning too. Fun. Yet, I think this one is NOT as hard as KP&C or Cardio Kicks. Yes, the blasts were hard, no doubt. The kick and punch combos were fun but seemed easy. I like this workout, but I don't feel like I had enough of a cardio workout.KP&C and Cardio Kicks always leave mr tired. I still have energy to spend....weird.

The leg conditioning drills were good. Felt the burn on those!

Come on now...I can't be the only one who found this a little easy!

I should be getting kick max on the 16th.I hope it is as fun and intense as you all said. I am getting really excited. I noticed someone on here thinks it is easier than kp&c and CK.I hope the intensity was kicked up a notch in the hardcore series. Cathes kickboxing workouts are my favorites. What a great way to tone the entire body and trim the inches off.:) :D :) ;-) }(

Any more reviews?

DEB:) :D :p ;)

I did this on Friday and ended up taking a rest on Saturday. My entire back, my shoulders and arms, and my legs... and my butt all hurt like crazy. I've got major DOMS from Kickmax.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.