Kick Max is a Burner!

lightening16

Cathlete
Hey

I just got KickMax and I was a little leary as there were some not so great reviews of it. I did it this morning for the second time and really got into it and really loved it. I was drenched and then the drills at the end totally killed me. I have to say next time I will wear long yoga pants to do it in as I can't handle watching my legs trying to those side kicks and the not so toned parts that jiggled a little more than my liking!

I didn't wear my heart rate monitor but I know that the amount given in the workout calender (720 calories) would not be far wrong.

Has anyone done the bootcamp premix? Does it run through the punching drills and the jumping (cardio) drills?
Anyways, I really do like it!
Heather

Heather, thanks for posting this! I'd been on the fence about getting Kick Max, and you've helped me make up my mind. I love KPC and everything else Cathe has done, but some of the reviews of Kick Max did scare me off... but I'm definitely putting it on my "to buy" list!

Kick Max is a tiny step down from KPC, but not that far of a step down that it isn't tough...the leg conditioning drills are great for improving form, and the combos are just intense enough where you can focus on form.

The BootCamp premix is the blast challenge and the final 2 combos, IIRC.

I didn't really find Kick Max a step down from KPC just different. The blasts are hard. Really hard and really get your heart rate up, and those leg drills with the chair are awesome. They really force you to hold your core in and tone those legs.

KM was my 1st Cathe, so it has a special place for me. I think I've done the leg drills maybe 2x:eek::eek: They just don't click with me. Most often I do the bootcamp premix. Its the Blast Drills 1st, then the last 3 combos from the KB section. Good workout and comes in at under an hour.

Nan

Hey ya'll! Well actually, I'm the other way around, I've had KM for a long time and I love it! Then just recently I got KPC and I have to say that it's a little more difficult for me. But it could be that I'm just very used to KM. Either way, they both are VERY good and at the end of both, I'm drowning in sweat! LOL!

I was able to take this DVD with me during my 2 week vacation as it required no equipment. I am not a kickboxing fan so I never do this workout and was very hesitant about taking it, but I knew I needed to get some form of exercise while away. It was definitely a workout and my legs felt sore. It was probably a good change to mix things up a bit. Maybe it won't collect as much dust now...then again.....I just rather do Body MAX!!

Kick Max

Had to chime in too cause I too, a few months back bought Kick Max and so far ( besides I Max 2 ) there has not been a work out yet that has left me totally soaked to the gills other than Kick Max. I found that doing the Kickbox Bootcamp Challenge premix is the best. This way you can get the bootcamp done first and then move on to the last three kick/punch combos at the end. I always go back and do the leg drills after that too. I wore the weighted gloves ( 2 lb's ) the other day and actually woke up the next day with really sore arms. To my surprize, it really gives you a huget upper body work out.

I've been doing Kick Max about once a week over the summer months. I'm not great at kickboxing so it's a challenge. However, I love the leg drills and they really have helped my kickpunching skills. Did Low Max the other day for the first time in a couple of months and I got through the last blast of side kicks at the end pretty darn well. I attribute that to Kick Max. Definitely a great dvd to have and it's good for travelling because it requires no equipment.
~michelle

Leg jiggle

That's too funny...I have the fatty thigh leg jiggle that disgusts me when I go the leg conditioning drills. I either don't look or look and say, this is the truth.

I really like KM. It was one of the first several DVDs I purchased and it makes me sweat. I love the leg drills at the end as well. I also wear weighted gloves and love the arm workout I get.

Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.