Which Kick Box DVD?

exercise-lover

Cathlete
I already have KPC and am planning to get the weighted gloves with my 20% coupon. I'd love another kick box dvd, but don't know which one to purchase. What do you all recommend and why?

Also, do you know if the gloves run large or small? I don't really know what size to order.

Thanks.

Although I love all of Cathe's kickbox wo's I would say Cardio Kicks. It's an older one but I find it so much fun!! I love those punches down to the ground!
Of course I do like KickMax for the killer leg drills at the end but I'll stick with Cardio Kicks as the one to buy.

Sorry can't help you with the weighted glove question.

I love KickMax, as the combos are on the easier side. That way I feel that I can concentrate more on the punches and kicks, rather than on steps and getting the changes right.

I agree that the leg conditioning drill at the end are the best!! Reminds me of Bar Method a little bit. I want to start adding those to the Butts & Guts and the GS Legs workout...if I can make it through :)

Exercise-lover,

I meant to ask you: where did you get a 20% coupon? I want, I want! Need to buy more Cathe DVDs...

I really like the 4DS kickboxing. I know that it is short but I add it onto STS or go for a run first and then do it. I really like the jumping and kicking moves and I really feel like I am actually kickboxing. Good thing there is not a mirror around as this may pop the illusion that I have created of myself!

The 20% coupon came when you pre-ordered the STS cardio or I believe that you get another 20% coupon when you pre-order the Power tower. I totally over did it with my 20% off but I figure I won't have to buy anything for a really long time! But now I am thinking of KPC. My only concern is that it sounds like alot of martial arts stuff with be on STS cardio and I think I could only do kickboxing once or twice a week.

Is KPC all that??? Am I enabling myself?
Thanks
Heather

Thanks for the recommendation. I got the 20% off coupon when I prepurchased the STS Cardio. You can also get one if you prepurchase the Tower thing (forgot the name).

I agree -- really love 4DS kickbox. I think though, that my all time favorite is Kick, Punch and Crunch. It comes with Legs and Glutes and there are a ton of premixes, including some kickbox/strength circuits. It was one of my first Cathe DVD's. I've never gotten tired of it.

~Lori

While 4DS Kickbox is great, you'd have to invest in the entire series to get it. If you're looking for a pure kickbox tape, I'd go with Kick Max, Cardio Kicks was a little too dancy for me, although I do agree the punch combo at the end is great.

Kick Max doesn't get the attention it deserves, IMHO, because Cathe raised the bar very high with KPC, which is far and away the best Kickbox tape I've ever done, by any instructor. Kick Max, while not KPC, is, in my opinion, a worhtwhile purchase...Cathe's second best is still superior to alot of other instructor's best.

Another vote for KickMax. I haven't done it in a while, but this thread is making me feel like I should pull it out for tomorrow!

I do love the 4Day Split Kickbox as well. The other workouts in that series are excellent, so it's worth it if you don't already have it. Great for those time crunched days, or when you want to add on to another workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.