Karen Voigt's new video

kristina

Cathlete
Anyone tried Karen's new Cardio/Strength Circuit Step video?
I love Cathe's Circuit Max, wouldn't mind a comparable tape.
I would love to hear your thoughts. I have all of Karen's prior vidoes, but since I found Cathe several years ago, I find the only Karen vids I still do are the Pilates/Yoga category tapes and Power Pack (hi lo). I am not really challenged by Karen's prior Step tapes anymore. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I just ordered her new tape, and it should arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think. I'm currently doing a rotation with Circuit Max right now so it's intensity is very fresh in my mind or should I say muscles. I just got Mindy's Mylrea's new body bar workout and Christi Taylor's Still Jumpin which I plan on previewing tonight.

:) Stacy

I tried the tape just last night. Regarding intensity I would say that it will go with my morning workout level, which is not quite as intense or for a day that I have a hard time getting started.
If you make the moves big, which Karen does, I sould say you get much more intensity, it surprised me, i did break a sweat, but the weights was too easy, maybe exept the shoulder workout.
The abb section is also quite good, you do them on a tilted bench.
As an alround tape I will definitely do it again, and I'm glad that I bought it, but it's not very very intense. But time flies, as things change quite often.

Ofcourse again she's a brilliant instructor in showing great form.

hope this help

Dorthe

OK, so now I'm curious about her other new tape - "B.L.T. on the Ball" or something like that. I've never considered using one of those FitBalls until I see that Karen has a tape using it. Does anyone have this one?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-01 AT 09:41PM (Est)[/font][p]I just ordered this yesterday, too (cardio strength intervals) and planned it as an (I'm not quite there day tape.") Sounds perfect. I really, really like Karen Voight--maybe third to Cathe in all that I use. I also like Mindy Mylrea (#2), Kari Anderson (alot), Charlene Prickett and Kathy Smith. The Firms, too, of course.

But, as to Karen: the only tapes I am using of hers very regularly are : Great Weighted Workout; Energy Sprint and Yogasculpt. I may put Core Essentials in there somewhere, but only as an add-on: never as a primary workout. Karen OBVIOUSLY DOES HEAVY WEIGHT WORK, PLUS HEAVY CARDIO, PLUS PILATES BIGTIME to look the way she looks--not to mention ....you know what. But, apparently she wants to target a bigger, intermediate to beginner crowd with her stuff on tape: okay. She's chosen her market, and for the most part: it's not us.

Dorthe,
Did you notice an odd second audio track on song 2? There is some motivational speaker sounding guy talking about shipping and verifying customer information, and some SMC or SNC company. Weird!

Hi
no I didn't notise that sound. I'll have to pay attention to that next time. How strange. Usually I think she uses very simple music, to keep focus. Wonder if it's a mistake.

I have ordered the ball workout as well, as I really like the yogazone ball workout, and felt it quite a bit, although I'm used to heavy weights.
I'm really looking forward to getting this ball workout.

dorthe

RE: Thanks for all your input

I have done and do like the Cardio/Strength workout and I would categorize it closely to Circuit Max.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.