Which IMAX3 Blasts are the "killers"?

FiddleFit

Cathlete
The "killer" intervals in IMAX and IMAX2 are fairly unanimously agreed-upon, and have earned infamous reputations. So, which ones are the doozies in IMAX3?

I did the workout for the first time y-day, and being 10 weeks pregnant I had to modify a lot, so may not have the best sense of this. In my opinion, though, the toughest were: #4, #5, #7 and #8.

As I said, I didn't push myself into an anaerobic range, so my modifications don't allow for a really proper assessment of the blasts. I think all of them were quite challenging, though. And fun!

What are your thoughts?
Sandra

RE: Which IMAX3 Blasts are the

All of them kicked my butt!!! It all went so fast, I don't specifically remember which ones were the worst (or the best in some minds!!). I do remember the plie jumps were REALLY hard for me! There were others, but it's still all a blur to me. Can't wait to do it again, though!!:)

I think it was interval #6. The one where you keep going side to side (longways) from one side of the step to the other. It seems to go on forever and was the hardest for me. :)

For me I would have to say interval 7 or 8?? The one with the jumping jacks over the step. I feel like I am going to die after that one:p .

Aila

I just did this one for the first time today, and I can't recall the numbers on them. I only remember the one with the plies, the one with those jumping jacks, and the rest must be a blurrrrrrrr...:7

I wrote them down the first time I did this: #4, #5, and #8. They were a bit easier the second time around, but I was mentally preparing myself to hit them hard and I did, so they were better, but still tough.

Sam

I loved doing those jumping jacks while straddling the step. It was such fun!

Lorrayne

I think there were a total of 5 doozies. Don't ask me which intervals they were. But, they started with interval number 2 and went on from there! I think the best way to judge it is to determine where Cathe has us march in place prior to starting the interval (as opposed to accelerating into the interval).

Anyone know how many intervals had us march in place prior to starting them?

Lorrayne

>I think it was interval #6. The one where you keep going
>side to side (longways) from one side of the step to the
>other. It seems to go on forever and was the hardest for me.
>:)

She did these side-to-side power lunges in a couple of her older videos. I believe they were in Body Max and Step Works. You may want to pull these oldies out to practice this move.

I hope that helps!

I attempted this one for the first time Sunday, but too many interruptions with kids,DH, telephone. I am going to do it tomorrow morning in peace and quiet. I think the intervals are tough right from the get go. There is no building up of intensity like in IMax2. I remember being pretty tired after the first 2 intervals. But I will really know tomorrow how tough it is. The choreography will, no doubt, trip me up the first few times. I also use an 8" step vs. the 6" so maybe that in itself will kill me. :p

#7 is tough. This was on Mindy Mylrea's Extreme Intervals and she suggested visualizing that you were landing on marshmallows to keep your landings soft.

I HATE plie jacks, interval blast or not. They are my least favorite move.

I just finished doing IMAX3. I am so tired I don't remember which blast was what.....I definitely went anaerobic

Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

Thanks for your replies everyone! I can completely see how you would be too oxygen deprived to actually remember the specific numbers of each blast, so I've attempted to describe them briefly below:

Blast #1: straddle-taps, power 7s, side jumps on and off step

Blast #2: jacks, rotating power squats, jumps onto the step, plyo jacks

Blast #3: long hop-turns, starbursts, plunge lunges, slow lunges, single lunges

Blast #4: on the floor: jump forward, sideways, turn, tuck jump, ricochet, and jack

Blast #5: plie squats and criss-cross recovery in descending sets

Blast #6: over-the-top, uneven lunges, wide lunges (9, 14 & 14)

Blast #7: straddle jump-up, slow jumps, triple jump combo, single jacks onto step, lunges

Blast #8: plyo-jack, air-jack, tuck jump; plyo jacks

Blast #9: over-the-top, side-hop-turn, over-the-top, abductions, extensions

Blast #10: jump wide, together, down, out; wide squats; airborne jumps

Does that help? I'd make this an official poll, but you can only have up to 6 "choices". So, this is an unofficial poll :)

Cheers,
Sandra

Thanks for the list. I think I'd vote for #4 as the toughest with #5 a close second.

Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

I think the very 1st interval is the toughest! Maybe because I use the 8" step, it feels more difficult. After the 2nd, it just doesn't seem to kill me as much. I think overall, this is a good workout. I actually like shorter recovery and I really needed that workout today. My only dislike about the video is a couple step routines, such as, the 6 count horseshoe and mambo cha chas. I really dislike mambos. It ruins the flow for me. Overall, a definite A! The blasts are pretty fun. My favorite is the straddle jump/jumping jacks on and off the step. A little Mindy in that one. I like it!:7

I agree probably 4 5 or 8 might be the toughest. I LOVE interval 6. FYI I spent last week doing just the step only premix of IMAX3 and found it helpful I did the entire workout yesterday to be familiar with the step routines. I really enjoyed the step routines now that they are not so forgein to me.
Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

One, four, and seven.

Believe it or not, I think one is pretty darned intense considering it's the first interval. I was winded and thinking, oh no - I'm outta shape if the first one has me beat!

Also, I think some of these intervals wind me because the moves are new. I found interval 8 to be quite easy, but that's because I am so used to doing those moves in Imax 2, Boot Camp, etc. My body has actually become used to doing air jacks. Of course, my air jacks and Cathe's air jacks look like entirely different moves. Still, I think 1, 4, and 7 are the "killer" intervals.

Thanks for listing all the blasts out. Now I can reply ~ since I've only done this workout once. Interal 3 nearly killed me. I almost stopped for *fear* of what was yet to come.
Susan C.M.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.