IMAX 3

DEEDEE

Cathlete
I just previewed this on and first I have to say..I LOVED the music. I know, lots of folks won't like it, but I thought this soundtrack rocked. Songs like 'Catch Me' and 'You Give Love A Bad Name' and no helium sound!. It sounded like the music was actually recorded at the bpm it was being used at.

Now, for the workout. This one looks fun to me. I think Cathe put a lot of thought in the choreography of this one. Yep, lots of familiar moves, but man the way she put them together. I'm still scratching my head over blast# one. I know all the moves, but the way she put them together... Knee off the side, over the top, side hop turn to the back (I know I'll be facing the wrong direction at this point)turn back straddle etc.:)

There are a lot of two foot hops, on and off the step. This one really looks like fun!

DeeDee

If it doesn’t matter, why keep bringing it up?

I just did the Intervals 1-5 premix, followed by the stability ball routine of Core Max.

Since these are the "easiest" 5 intervals, the workout wasn't as bad as I thought when I previewed. (Of course, my tuck jumps weren't nearly as high as Cathe's and crew's. I'm still marvelling at their form in this one.) I agree about the choreography and her cuing is excellent too. For those used to her choreography, they should have no trouble picking it up. If you're new to Cathe, though, the choreography will be quite tricky. Fun! Fun! Fun!

I also really enjoyed Core Max. The pace of this workout is not at all rushed and I thought it was very doable. As always, some moves are harder than others. Cathe's cuing is particularly good in this one. For a 20 min ab workout, the time flies.

I just previewed Imax 3 also and pretty much have to ditto what DeeDee said. I LOVE the music!! The choreography looks fun and fresh. I will be doing this workout later today. Off to preview Kick Max!

Aila

>I just previewed Imax 3 also and pretty much have to ditto
>what DeeDee said. I LOVE the music!! The choreography looks
>fun and fresh. I will be doing this workout later today. Off
>to preview Kick Max!
>
>Aila

Aila,

Did the audio in your IMAX 3 keep changing? One minute the music is sort of loud then it gets low and Cathe is loud? Mine kept changing and I noticed it in Gym Style Legs and High Step Challenge as well. If its just me, I might exchange them, but if everybody is having this problem, I guess I won't bother.

DeeDee

If it doesn’t matter, why keep bringing it up?

I would bet money that your sound problem is an audio function on your dvd player. Many dvd players have options that enhance dialogue or music and you just switch it to normal. Check your remote.

FYI...Sound fluctuations on a DVD can not be caused by a defect in the DVD. Instead there are 3 main causes:

#1 You need to change your audio setting to PCM on your player. Depending on how your player is hooked up you may need to try another setting.

#2 You have accidentally hit your “Enhanced button” on your remote.

#3 Your system is not hooked up properly to play stereo. A common cause is only having one RCA jack hooked up instead of both the red and white.

Hi DeeDee,

I know I am answering this late, but I just got done previewing all of the workouts. I didn't have any sound problems at all.

HTH
Aila

>Hi DeeDee,
>
>I know I am answering this late, but I just got done
>previewing all of the workouts. I didn't have any sound
>problems at all.
>
>HTH
>Aila

Thanks Aila,

I think I figured out the problem...my dvd player is going on 4 yrs. It is the best player I've ever had and I really don't want to give it up but...I guess I'd better start looking for a replacement. One of the things I love about my player is that on the display screen, it shows not just time past and remaining in the title, but time past and remainig in the current chapter that is playing. I'm having a hard time finding another dvd player that does that. I'm one of those who likes having a count down.;)

I am loving the song used in the warm up...Tainted Love....my husband just came home and he thinks I'm nuts!
Angela:7

O.k.....now I'm totally loving "You Give Love a Bad Name" or whatever the song is colled in blast 3, interval 4. I so wish I could workout...this blasted head cold has me so I can't breath let alone workout. I have my p.j.'s on and I brought my blanket and pillows downstairs so I can preview the workouts.
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.