I'm LOST on what DVD to add to collection.

I have a four year old and still have yet to lose that little pooch under my belly button. I'm fairly new to cathe. I own currently bootcamp, butt and guts and pyramids and i have two of jari love's videos. i seem to get bored easily and need constant rotation! My plan is to do cardio three days a week then do a fully body workout 2 days a week. Does anyone have any suggestions of what do get??? I don't like pure step videos because i'm SO uncoordinated! :D. I am aiming to lose maybe 5 pounds and my little gut and tone up. Am i doing enought weight work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kick, Punch, Crunch might be a good cardio workout for you. All kickboxing and no step. Plus you get Legs & Glutes on the same DVD, which is nice to have.

I don't have Kick Max, but some really enjoy it.

Drill Max could work too. The step is used, but there isn't much in the way of tricky choreography. Thanks to the premixes, you can use it as a circuit workout or an all cardio workout.

The Pyramids are among my favorite! If you're interested in full body weight workouts, I recommend adding Muscle Max to your collection.

Whether or not you're doing enough weight work really depends on how your body responds. I like to do 3 days a week, but you and I are different, so who knows. You'll have to experiment. :)

Hey
I am an new convert as well and have been making additions to my repertoire as well. I found that once i tried Cathe then I can't even think about going back to Jari.

Anyways, I have cardio fusion but if you don't like step routines you will really like Drill Max, which is part of the Cardio Fusion DVD.

I am not very co-ordinated as well but I have had no problems with IMAX2. You repeat a fairly short simple step routine 6 times and then go into a Blast. I have been really enjoying it!

The other one is 4DS. You get a little of everything. I LOVE the kickboxing and bootcamp sections of this DVD. You get 4 weight lifting routines as well as a Hi-intensity step routing and a low impact step routine. I rarely do the step portions but often do the kick and boot parts. I like to add them on to a weight DVD.

Another vote for KPC as well!
Good luck
Heather

My suggestions...

1. Drill Max
2. Kick Punch & Crunch/Legs & Glutes (has a great ab workout too)
3. Core Max

Here are mine:
1. Drill Max
2. Drill Max
3. Drill Max

Yeah, all in all, I'd probably say Drill Max.

How about the one that has
Power Hour
Maximum Intensity Strength
Ohhh...What is the 3rd??? Sorry!-BodyMax!

Anyway, it has 2 full body weights only workouts, and one circuit (which has premixes so you can do cardio only, circuits with legs or upper only)...I find that I reach for this DVD as often as the "newer" favorites...Good solid workouts.

MJ

Last edited:
Muscle Endurance is a killer full body weight workout and has an aerobic quality to it. The routine moves along at a very good pace, so your heart rate is usually in an aerobic range (at least that has been my experience). I dread doing it sometimes, but it's very effective. The abs section is excellent. I did it 2-3 times a week and toned up quite a bit, as well as lost weight.

IMAX2 is a great for cardio and weight loss and the choreography was not difficult to learn.

4 day split I love too. i usually use the cardio stand alone and then use the weight routines with other workouts. very versatile. i still have some difficulty with the choreography for High Intensity Step, all other choreography was easy to learn.

HSTA..High Step Training Advance. It has great leg work and wonderful premixes. The cardio is short but leaves me breathless because of all the leg presses throughtout the workout. Cathe uses different exercises for upper body also.
I agree with the MIS PH BM1 Dvd also. Peggy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.