If you had 100.00??

RWattier

Cathlete
I got an awesome Nike running jacket for my birthday, but we are taking it back because of how it fits & I am just getting the cash instead, so now I have money to spend on more Cathe!!

Which ones though?? I have the Intensity Series and MIC/Imax/RS and HSTA...

CTX series or KPC/Legs and Glutes & PH/BM/MIS??

I really like tough workouts, which one would be a better addition to my collection - I just started!??

Thanks for all opinions!

I recommend the KPC/L & G dvd and the PH/MIS/BM. I think you have enought step and hi/low cardio now.KPC is a great kickbox workout. PH is one of my favorites but whatever you choose you will do a great purchase.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

>CTX series or KPC/Legs and Glutes & PH/BM/MIS??

This depends on what you want to accomplish and your personal preferences.

CTX is great if you want short, intense workouts that consist of cardio and one body part a week. KPC/LG is wonderful for the lower body; KPC does additional work for your upper body with the punching drills and combos. PH/MIS/BM is a good compilation of different kinds of intense workouts. PH is for endurance; MIS for strength; BM for a combo of cardio, leg work with weights and endurance for upper body.

If it were my $100, I'd get CTX. It's a versatile series. You can mix and match segments if you want to do all cardio. It has an upper body split, which is a compilation of all the upper body workouts in the series. It also has that mean, butt-whooping LL, which lets you work your lower body in less than an hour. Hope this helps.

Pinky

Thanks for the replies! I was thinking KPC/Legs and Glutes and MIS/PH/and BM, but its so tempting to order some Hardcore too!?? Yikes!!

Thanks again for the replies! Here is my dilemma...........once spring rolls around, I tend to do alot of biking, and jogging, so I won't need the Cardio as much, but I really want the Leaner Legs in the CTX series! Maybe I will purchase the Leaner Legs down the road! :) SIGH>>>>>>>>>I want all of them! I just got the Intensity Series, and have not had a chance to do all those yet, as I just got it Friday, but its fantastic! I love the intensity of the workouts........I know by fall, I will have to purchase the Hardcore series and cannot wait for ratings on this one!

Now I just need to figure out a rotation.....really really want to slim my lower half down and get really cut on top! Who doesn't though right! LOL

KPC/L&G......and what about the PS series, since you use outdoor cardio often. PS ROCKS and that leg workout is a killer too..

I think it depends upon your fitness level. I LOVE L&G - it was the first DVD I bought, and I think it is very intense and has a lot of variety, which is unique for a lower-body workout (I mean, there are generally only so many ways you can squat, leg press, and lunge! ):)

If you are not an experienced stepper, I would shy away from IMAX2 for now; that one is an awesome workout, but it's complicated (I posted about this for assistance and so did a couple of other people). The recommendation is generally to go for one of the older step DVDs to get used to the movement...

Whatever you do, I don't think you can go too wrong! Lucky you! I am blowing $100 on a lousy hotel room tonight because it is snowing here AGAIN and my commute is too far and treacherous when the weather is bad.... blech.

Marie

I like the CTX series, but if you want tough workouts, go for the KPC+PH, etc. package you're thinking of getting. I think you'll be happier overall with it if you want tough workouts.

Get CTX as your next purchase for the Leaner Legs, All Abs, and the short (yet high intensity) cardio programs.

To be honest, though, you can't really go wrong with either set...but I just bought CTX and was a little disappointed with the Upper Body Split (it wasn't what I thought it would be - too fast-paced - I felt like I wasn't in control, even though I was using lighter weights - I prefer slow-count weight work), and a couple of the cardio workouts look like they require more room than what I've got to exercise in. I haven't done 10-10-10 and Kickbox, yet, because I'm going to have to make the moves really condensed to be able to fit the workouts into the space I have. So, if you don't have a lot of space, you may want to consider this.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to Leaner Legs. I haven't done it, yet, but previewed it and it looks killer! I will definitely feel this workout the next day! And, the All Abs section is fant-AB-ulous! I've already noticed an improvement in my abs and it's only been a couple of weeks. Step & Intervals gets a whole lot accomplished as far as cardio goes, even though it's only a 30-minute workout! I can't believe how challenging it is for such a comparatively short workout! I felt the power-15's in my arms the day after I did this workout the first time.

So, there. I hope my mini-review of CTX helped you a bit in your decision!

Get the Hardcore series while the presale is still on. If you don't, you're going to be envious listening to everyone else chatting about it. :D

After giving KPC a third try, I find it so tough but fun to do. The thing is, Leaner Legs to me is way superior over L&G. Another good argument is that CTX is VERY versatile. You'll get such a good upper body workout any way you want it, especially since you like to spend your cardio time outdoors.

Marla

So which nike jacket are you taking back? I just got 2 for christmas, & I don't know if I'm imagining it or what, but I get admiring glances when I'm out in public. They are so cool, but so expensive for just workout gear.

Marla

I got the blue and black one.....its kind of got a bubbly appearance..not sure if this makes sense, but it looks totally awesome on. Hood in the back and goes a little past the bottom, which is great, but it clings when i put it on, so I decided to take it back after trying to wear it and just couldn't. - not comfy enough!

I still cannot decide what to get, but I am leaning towards the KPC and L & G and PH/BM/MIS, only because I might start jogging again this next week. It just needs to get above freezing!

I would love to buy the Hardcore series, but my husband would not be pleased if he saw me spend anymore money on videos! ha - this last year my collection grew to over 75 and none of them compare to Cathe! I cannot believe it took me a whole year to find her! Sad but true. I would gladly give away all my Kathy Smith and Denise Austin, but will hang on to them for a good beginner workout someday when I might need them (possibly after having a baby at some point in time).....so thanks for all the advice! I definately want the Leaner Legs! Sounds fabulous! Cannot wait to hear reviews on Hardcore and yes I will be green with envy.............:)

Now am thinking I want Legs and Glutes and the new ones

Muscle Max/High Step Challenge!! I will never decide! want all of them!

I just did Leaner Legs for the first time tonight. It was T-O-U-G-H!!! I actually think Legs & Glutes is harder though...it gets my heart rate going much higher than Leaner Legs did. Both are great, hard workouts, though! So, if you seem someone cringing with every step they take tomorrow, don't worry, it's just me. :7

Reba, have you considered selling some of your other videos on Ebay? That could get you some extra money for a few more CATHE purchases.

Have fun spending your $100!
Ruth:)

i have all of the workouts you are considering and i feel that CTX is the best value with the most versatility and i reach for it the most often. that being said, i think all of the workouts are awesome and it really depends on what you are looking for. the upper body split and leaner legs on ctx are amazing. if you want a longer workout, you can put two cardios together. it's awesome that way. there is a lot of variety in the ctx cardio as well, although it is ALL pretty high impact. power circuit has a circuit segment similar but not as hard as body max- imho.... CTX all step is more choreography but still intense. personally, i love ctx and would never ever trade it for anything. i think i use the kpc/lg dvd the least only bc i only do kickboxing so often and i dont find the workout flows quite as well as it could...however, the final kicking and punching series (20 mins) is completely awesome and exhilarating. the abs on the ball for kpc are also killer! i doubt this has helped you decide. overall, i would say ctx is your best bet for right now. you will get a good selection of cathe and lots of workout options. good luck! OR you could just order them all right now since you will get some sort of volume discount and you will most likely buy them all eventually anyway. haha. that is what i did -bought them all individually and spent more in the end. oh well. LOVE cathe!

Hi thanks again! Some people have been asking what I am looking for.....well I want the most difficult workouts possible! I like to be able to work up to the workouts and am pretty advanced right now. . . . I don't think I will ever decide!:D

Okay, so I finally have to break down and say this.....

Every time I see the title of this thread, I think of the song by the Bare Naked Ladies where they go, "If I had a million dollars [if I had a million dollars], I'd buy you a green dress - but not a real green dress, that's cruel...."

That song has been stuck in my head for the past three days since I saw your first post. Great song, though!

[If I had a million dollars - if I had a million dollars - I'd buy every Cathe DVD - and not miss one, coz that's cruel -- la, la, laaah, la, la]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.