I saw and Advertisement about Cathe in the FIRM catalog flyer

Mandy Lee

I got FIRM 2 and lo and behold, I see Cathe's name in it! They spelled her name wrong but at least she is getting publicity! Her name is being mentioned with Jane Fonda and Kathy Smith. It wasn't "good" advertisement but at least it's something. It was a letter to the FIRM. This is what it said:

I've used Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith, Cathey Fredrick, Step Reebok, Buns of STeel, etc. Nothing can compare to the FIRM. I wasted my money on other videos, but will continue to purchase FIRM video's- they're worht their weight in gold!

Christine Gardner
Caseworker( age 26)
Winfield, IL

Even though I disagree with this person, I was happy to see Cathe's name!!!! Cathe's tapes have made the Firm tapes easy to do for me. Cathe's ab section in BodyMax has done incredible things to my abs! When you hold your leg out in an isometric hold during ab work is an amazing and incredible way to tone the abs. I'm starting to like my abs finally! Plus Cathe's stepping is so fun and makes the time fly compared to the Firm's boring aerobics. If Cathe made a Circuit Max tape with total body weight training mixed with fun stepping, look out FIRM!

The Firm :-(

As a big Firm fan I have to say that I am disappointed that the Firm is still using the same marketing approach of bad talking others such as Oprah and Cathe Freidrich to market their product. And then they wonder why they are not invited on Oprah. Cathe is so sweet and did not deserve what the firm did. Cathe on the other hand gives others credit for their achievements. On her link page she references you to others web pages such as Kathy Smith, Cory Everson etc.... I have to say to firm looks bad on this one for putting down Cathe. I think that they will upset a lot of Cathe fans like myself with their comments. I also feel that Cathes workouts are club quality workouts and are harder then Firms workouts. What was the Firm thinking?

Wendy

The Firm tapes

I used to be a big Firm fan - but then I discovered Cathe's tapes. I don't even bother with any of The Firm tapes anymore - they're too easy and I didn't get REAL results until I started using Cathe's tapes. I do lend them out to people at work who haven't worked out in a long time (or never) who need something easy to start with. It's a shame that they published that letter. I'll bet the author was not very fit yet and just couldn't handle a Cathe tape.

Cathe and the Firm

I am very sorry to hear about the slam on Cathe's wonderful videos. I have used the Firm for years and have been on several of their roadtrips to Columbia and to Charleston. The studio workouts are much more difficult than the videos. IMO, the Firm's intensity is not there and has not been since the "Variety" series. I still like the Firm, but more and more, I do Cathe videos instead of my Firm videos.

I love Cathe's videos. They have taken my fitness level to the next step. The Firm videos are not longer challenging after "Body Max." I am very much sold on Cathe Friedrich. I am also growing very fond of her cast. I just love Cedie, Helen, Hope, Rhonda, etc. And I can't wait until the road trip in early May.

Old letter

Since Firm 2 is an older volume, I'm hoping this is an old letter. Because now, a person can't write the same thing. Body Max is so much harder than any Firm tape. Even if it was an old letter, Step N Motion I rocks for aerobics. It is way harder than any Firm aerobics. I also hope that Cathe makes a Circuit Max tape that features tough stepping with a full body weight workout.

FIRM & Cathe

I think that the FIRM and Cathe are a great combo! I like the FIRM'S use of weights with aerobics, but I definitely don't get the "aerobics" workout from it that I get from Cathe's videos. Cathe's are also more of a mental workout. After several weeks of doing almost exclusively FIRM workouts, I went back to a Cathe step tape, and within the first 10 minutes, my brain woke up and said "whoa, I've got to pay attention!" So on my brain dead days, I prefer the FIRM! BUt since keeping once mind in shape is also important, I'll always have a place in my schedule for a Cathe workout!

Firm Letter

The Firm simply published a letter someone had written them. I don't see how that is so inflammatory. I use both Cathe and Firm videos. Cathe's MIS (which I did yesterday) does more for my upper body. However, the Firm gives me more desirable results in the legs and glutes which are my real problem areas, so I guess I could agree with the letter...for now. Hope the new videos will change that!

Poor Taste

It was just poor taste for the Firm to do in my opinion. The Firm tapes do have a lot of great benefits and so does Cathes. Both the Firm and Cathes tapes work together GREAT but I do not see Cathe putting down the Firm nor do I see her publishing letters that some else writes that put down the firm. If the Firm is ok with having an image of steping on toes to get where they want to be then their is absoluty nothing wrong with what they did but as a Cathe fan I do not appreciate their poor taste!

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.