I just bought the Fitness By Cathe Weighted Gloves

Amy Steppe

Cathlete
When I saw Cathe using the gloves in the ab circuits part of STS, I thought they might be a good investment. I would never have thought of using them for ab workouts, but when I saw her using them in one of the STS ab circuits - I was very impressed!

Do any of you think that I could use the gloves for some of Cathe's kickbox videos?

Yes! I was just looking at those yesterday myself. I was thinking of using them for KPC and Kick Max. They look like a good investment to me. Seeing your post must be a sign! :) I think I'll go order!

Jo

When I saw Cathe using the gloves in the ab circuits part of STS, I thought they might be a good investment. I would never have thought of using them for ab workouts, but when I saw her using them in one of the STS ab circuits - I was very impressed!

Do any of you think that I could use the gloves for some of Cathe's kickbox videos?

I just ordered mine too! They should be delivered tomorrow. I had originally ordered them to use with 4DS Kickboxing; however, I realized that I could use it to increase my weights while doing the STS program. I know there will be some odd numbers and they don't make those in-between dumbbells. :=)

Excellent idea. I have a pair of weighted gloves and haven't used them in a while, but they would be great with kickboxing workouts. Thanks.
~michelle

Love mine

I can't say enough about these gloves. I got them months ago and they are wonderful. I use them all the time!!! They are an excellent way to add a few lb's to your strength program without even thinking about it. I use them when I do ab's from Butts and Gutts and now with STS I will use them even more!!! Great Product....made well, good looking, and useful...

Oh certainly! These types of gloves were practically made for kickbox videos! The gloves were a little snug on me at first around my fingers, but after about 2 wears, they seem fine now.

I have a very similar pair from Altus I've had a for a few years. I used them for kickboxing, and they work very well. The first couple times, I had some serious arm/shoulder/back DOMS til I got used to them. They also seem to help keep my form straightened out, they seem to pull me in the right motion. Make sense? Mines go up to a pound each, if your going to kickbox with them, you may want to start with a half pound each, and go up. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it is.

Nan

I'd try them and see, but be aware that not all weighted gloves work well (IMO) for kickboxing. Some are not well balanced, and seem to pull, or shift when you use them. These things don't matter when you are using them for weight work, but once you start adding the momentum of punches (especially if you're a fast puncher), that momentum makes the weights feel heavier and the effects of any shift or imbalance can be multiplied.

At least that's my experience. I haven't tried Cathe's gloves, but I have tried several types. I hate the sand-filled one because of the shifting. Love the Ironwear ones because the weight is equally balanced, they fit snuggly, and the heavy rubber that the weights are made of is comfortable (I've tried some with harder metal weights in them, and they were not).

If you haven't used weighted gloves for KB before, start slowly with maybe 1/2 pound each, for 10 minutes at a time, don't use them for warm-ups or cooldowns. (I have some weighted glove suggestions in one of my blog posts, if you're interested).

I saw these in the Ab Circuits DVD also & am thinking about ordering. Does anyone know though if each glove goes up to 2lbs. (for a total of 4 lbs. for both gloves) , or is each glove only capable of going to 1 lb.?

Diane

Thanks for all the input.

I thought I would use them for Cardio Kicks since Cathe has some nice arm drills.

I also like the kickbox in the kickbox part of CTX.

And Kick Punch and Crunch is another option.

The gloves sold here are reasonably priced and I am pretty sure Cathe will make use of them in a future video.

I think they are one pound each arm.

I saw these in the Ab Circuits DVD also & am thinking about ordering. Does anyone know though if each glove goes up to 2lbs. (for a total of 4 lbs. for both gloves) , or is each glove only capable of going to 1 lb.?

Diane

I think the gloves are 1 pound per arm if I read the description correctly.

Thanks for answering Amy! Darn, I was hoping I would have the option to have a couple pound increments for lifting on moves like bicep curls where a 5# jump may be a bit much. I'll have to think about it I guess.

Diane

Diane, I was hoping the same thing. I would really like some gloves that have palms (to save my hands from my scratchy barbell) that you can also put 1-lb increment weights into, and also have each glove hold up to 2 lbs.

I can't find something like that anywhere, so I've just been using ankle weights around my wrists. :(

Diane, I was hoping the same thing. I would really like some gloves that have palms (to save my hands from my scratchy barbell) that you can also put 1-lb increment weights into, and also have each glove hold up to 2 lbs.

I can't find something like that anywhere, so I've just been using ankle weights around my wrists. :(

I still think SNM said something before STS came out about creating some of these in the future, but I can't find it!

Oh no Amy I think my CC is calling me, LOL. I been going back and forth looking at these thinking should I get these or not. I think it is perfect for STS. I am just wondering from reading another thread If Cathe has another line of these in a heavier weight going up to 4lbs.

OK edit to say I went back to look and they are out of stock.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering Amy! Darn, I was hoping I would have the option to have a couple pound increments for lifting on moves like bicep curls where a 5# jump may be a bit much. I'll have to think about it I guess.

Diane

The gloves have 2 1/2 lb bags in each one so you have the option of using 1/2 or 1 lb per arm.

The gloves are GREAT!

As an update, Cathe recommended using the gloves for people who do STS and are at odd weight increments.

I wondered why some of the guys in STS were using the weighted gloves, and I think it possible that they needed odd weight increments.

Now that I think about it, I am not so sure these gloves would be good for kickboxing.

I am awaiting release of the pink boxing gloves from Fitness by Cathe.

Which ones are these? I see the lifting gloves and wrist weights, but no weighted gloves. I'd like to get them for STS, too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.