I HATE WORKING IN A LAW FIRM

haydee

Cathlete
These frigging ROBOTS of attorneys/paralegals act as though you're not entitled to make mistakes, when in fact they make MANY mistakes.

Sorry if I've offended any attorney/paralegals here on the forum. Just needed to vent for the moment.

Haydee

EDITED TO SAY:

I'm sooooooooo annoyed that I've placed my message on the wrong board. Damnx( x( x( x( x( x( x(

My goodness Haydee, you are having a bad day! :(

So take a deep breath, smile, & think of your next workout.......:)

Then think about your favorite lawyer's face pasted on Bozo the Punching Bag.........:7

Been there - done that. Both in posting on the wrong borad AND in hating the law firm attitude. I was a government prosecutor for 10 years (loved helping the public) and left it for the law firm life. HATED IT - and I'm a lawyer. I encountered a very conforming and condescending attitude all the way around. I know law firm life is good for many, but I couldn't deal with it, primarily because I'm not a conformist. I quit to raise my children - and haven't regretted it once! Hang in there - and good luck.

Here I am, sitting in my office in the law firm where I work, reading these posts. I don't like the way the secretaries are treated here. If you want someone to act like an adult, don't treat them like a child. I appreciate the secretaries and all the support staff and never, ever, raise my voice, unlike so many other lawyers.

It's really rough being a woman in this industry. I understand how everyone else feels, and wish I had some children to raise instead. But, alas, I made that decision a long time ago and had good reasons for choosing this path, and I'm doing what I can to make the best of it. I'm not so sure I like what it's doing to me though. :-(

You have my sympathy, Haydee.

>Here I am, sitting in my office in the law firm where I work,
>reading these posts. I don't like the way the secretaries are
>treated here. If you want someone to act like an adult, don't
>treat them like a child. I appreciate the secretaries and all
>the support staff and never, ever, raise my voice, unlike so
>many other lawyers.
>
>It's really rough being a woman in this industry. I understand
>how everyone else feels, and wish I had some children to raise
>instead. But, alas, I made that decision a long time ago and
>had good reasons for choosing this path, and I'm doing what I
>can to make the best of it. I'm not so sure I like what it's
>doing to me though. :-(
>
>You have my sympathy, Haydee.

Thank you Nancy.

Hey, have a wonderful weekend}( .

Haydee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.