I am so excited!!!!!

nkuangel

Cathlete
Hello All Cathe Fans,

I just read the blog today and I am just blown away, not just by the quality of the workouts but the quantity as well. I love the fact that there are going to be so many premixes so that even after repeated use these exercises will remain fun, fresh and as always challenging to say the least. I love everything about the DVDs so far and I am so glad there is another kickboxing DVD.
Anyway just wanted to shout out my appreciation and gratitude to Cathe and crew for producing such a superior product!!!

nkuangel

Hi,

I just saw your response to my post and read your post too. How funny is that, we posted practically the same comments on the same day. I also bought one of Jari Love's videos from Amazon prior to discovering Cathe. I was so bored with it on the 1st try. I couldn't believe I wasted my money on it. The only thing I liked about it is how the weights used are shown for each exerciser, as well as the different modifications.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!

I laughed when I read your post! But after reading the blog I was so friggin excited! Anyway the reason why I am thanking you is because a friend and I tried Jari Love "get ripped 1000" and not only were we dissapointed but we were flabbergasted that anyone would find this video challenging much less worth their time or money! The flow of the video is awful and at one point during the "cardio segments" which by the way I did not find heart raising at all, they are doing jumping jacks with a step. One of the participants doesn't have a step so he does straight jumping jacks which comes out to about 100, can we say boring and dangerous.
I actually could not say enough about how much I dislike everything and I mean everything about Jari Love!! That may seem harsh but Cathe is so engaging, energizing, and rewarding I seem to compare her to everyone else now and no one stands up.
Anyway, I am so glad you share my opinion, perhaps not as strongly but at least we agree that Jari Love is boring. I also made a comment on Amazon when I went looking for Cathe there to see if she was cheaper I also came across Jari. The reviews for her were all 5 out of 5! If they had a choice for no stars that is what I would have given her, but I had to settle for 1 oh well. Glad to know that someone shares my opinion.
Man, that wore me out!You?
nkuangel

Okay, you're not even going to believe this. "Get Ripped 1000" is the same video I bought from Amazon. I totally agree with everything you said about it. My husband even made a comment that I wasn't breaking a sweat when I did it. I did BM2 today to start the August '07 rotation and I had to take so many rest in-between because of my cough and cold I'm recovering from, but I still managed to sweat and soak a hand towel. Like you, I start to compare other workouts to Cathe's. I used to do Advanced Tae-Bo, and thought that some of the moves there were a bit hard for me. I did it a couple of weeks ago just for a change in my routine, and I breezed through it.

We actually got "get ripped 1000" from a friend who said it was really hard and intense but like you we were neither breaking a sweat or impressed. I also used to do Tae-Bo and also thought it was quite challenging but now it just annoys me and it is way too easy. And I totally agree with you about BM2, there are several spots where I have to break and she is not even winded!!! I hate her for that but I love her because she continues to push me!
nkuangel

I am so glad that I read this thread! I was thinking about ordering the get ripped 1000 also! You just saved me the aggravation. I also used to do Tae Bo and still enjoy it occasionally but it never changes when they come out with new stuff. It's still the same darn moves!!! I did get Jari Love's Slim and Lean and hated it! All of the other workouts seem so unprofessional compared to Cathe. And Jari just doesn't do enough of a warm up for me. Aren't we lucky to have found Cathe??????

Premixes are the best thing since sliced bread! Sometimes, I like some of the premixes better than the workout presented as-is. I'm happy to see that there is a 'weights before cardio' premix option for each workout.

I know this sounds really harsh but my friend and I were talking after watching Jari Love and I told my friend that Jari looked to me like someone who had an eating disorder and then decided to become fit. Even though her build is lean and muscular she is so skinny it looks unhealthy, at least to me. I just don't have any faith in anything with the title "get ripped 1000" that is backed by some sickly looking skinny woman! At least with Cathe she makes no promises except for enhanced fitness level, happier, and of course healthier lifestyle. I am so glad you did not get Jari Love either because after watching her video I feel like anyone could put together a video and call themselves an expert.
Cathe is one in a million!!!!!
nkuangel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.