I actually like Kick Max

darine

Cathlete
After hearing all these negative comments, I was disappointed to have bought it. But i did it this morning. I know the combinations are not that intense... but other than that, it's a great workout!

It's a great add on to have variety. KPC is the best. But this is good for variety. It's not that bad! I actually want to add it in my rotation for the next month.

Anyways, just wanted to add that for people who are thinking of getting it.

I do KPC on weekends since it requires a lot of my energy and Kick Max on weekdays and I have 2 great workouts a week of Kickboxing!

I am happy with it.

After hearing all these negative comments, I was disappointed to have bought it. But i did it this morning. I know the combinations are not that intense... but other than that, it's a great workout!

It's a great add on to have variety. KPC is the best. But this is good for variety. It's not that bad! I actually want to add it in my rotation for the next month.

Anyways, just wanted to add that for people who are thinking of getting it.

I do KPC on weekends since it requires a lot of my energy and Kick Max on weekdays and I have 2 great workouts a week of Kickboxing!

I am happy with it.

Darine...

I agree 100% with you...the leg drills on Kick Max alone have helped me improve my form!!

I'm a sweaty mess when I'm done Kick Max...it's not quite KPC, but it will always have a place in my rotation!

Hmm - I like it to. Perhaps I shall do it this evening - I was debating over what cardio to do tonight. This might just be the one! Thanks!

Kick Max is awesome; it was my first. Before you start, some advice: DO NOT do a whole week of kickboxing If you overdo, you will get hurt.

I love all things kickboxing and Cathe. Kickmax has killer blasts and challenging leg conditioning drills.

I like it also for some reason it always seem more graceful than most KB workouts.

That is the perfect way to describe the workout - "graceful."

I like Kick Max because it's like three workouts in one - the first part is like a non-weighted upper body workout; then there's the crazy-intense blast challenge section, which works the heart; and then the lower body drills work the legs, glutes, and hips. Love it!!!

I like Kick Max. There was a combo or 2 that I wasnt crazy about but I like it. i even did the blasts once (with lots of breaks) and I like them. I'll have to pull it out again.

Oh, yes...Kick Max is great (besides the light combos, which are still good as a stand-alone for light days). As mentioned quite a while ago though, it works better if you start off with the blast challenge, then do the combos after, which keeps the heart rate up there. That said, Cathe's kickbox is the best!!!

Try the kickbox/bootcamp premix!

I did the kickbox/bootcamp premix for the first time today, and that was an awesome workout! The entire disk is too long most days, and if I'm wanting cardio I'm not that thrilled with the leg conditioning drills (although I need them), but this premix was perfect! 50 minutes including warmup and stretch, and I worked up a great sweat! Add on 10 minutes of med ball abs, and life is good.

Oh, yes...Kick Max is great (besides the light combos, which are still good as a stand-alone for light days). As mentioned quite a while ago though, it works better if you start off with the blast challenge, then do the combos after, which keeps the heart rate up there. That said, Cathe's kickbox is the best!!!

This is a great idea!! Blast challenge, and then the combos, never tried it this way!

The bootcamp mix is the only way I do this workout. It feels better that way. KM was my 1st Cathe, so it will always have a special place in my collection. I should put it in sometime this week.

Nan

Funny, graceful is not a word I would use to describe myself when I do kick max. But, I think this workout could become addicting. I like the suggestion about doing the blast first, then the combos, and then the leg drills. The leg drills are really great. Designed specifically to help you with your kickbox form and shape your legs too. I think the leg drills would be a good add on to other workouts as well, like the kick box routine on cross train express.
~michelle

I really love Kick Max as there are a number of ways I like to use it. I like that it has distinct segments to it.

Jo

I'm the odd one out here. It is my least favorite Cathe. My real issue with it is the Chaptering.

I think each blast section could have been chaptered so there would be more options, such as a high low circuit.

I like Kick Max. I find that I do the pre-mixes more often than the whole workout. Those leg conditioning exercises get to me!

I think that all the parts of KickMax added together make for a good workout, but the kickboxing combos alone are not very intense. So, I tend to only do Kickmax when I can do the whole thing.

Still, I like the variety of this workout, and there are a few things I do to make it more intense. I always wear 1 or 1 1/2 weighted gloves for the kickboxing portions (I take them off for the blasts). When Cathe does jumping jacks, I do speed bag arms with the jumping jacks. During the kicking drills, I start the actual kicks right away rather than build up with the chambers. In fact, on all the moves where Cathe starts low, I start at the more intense version.

I also do combo #4 either 2 or 3 times. I love that combo, and I think it gets the core really well.

I love the blasts, and I'm usually pretty winded by the end. So, moving from them to the leg work makes this end on nicely for me. When I'm really feeling energetic, I do the blasts twice. That gets me good!

By the end of this, I feel I've gotten a really balanced workout.

Kick Max is awesome; it was my first. Before you start, some advice: DO NOT do a whole week of kickboxing If you overdo, you will get hurt.

Kick Max was my first intro to Cathe when I saw it on Fit TV. I love Kick Max - it is challenging, graceful, dynamic, and a BLAST! :) The first time I did the dvd I was a pile of mush after the blast challenge, and when she said it was now time to start the leg conditioning drills, my jaw dropped to the floor, shortly followed by the rest of me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.