How to mix Cathe w/P90x?

Calee

Cathlete
So I've finally jumped on the P90x bandwagon and already feeling like the cardio is not up to par with what I've been doing with Cathe. I'm only in week 3, but so far I don't feel like I'm getting pushed as hard with the cardio as I should be.
Did anyone mix in Cathe's and enjoy the results? I'm thinking I'll start subbing KPC for Kenpo and add Imax 2 on another day and see where it goes from there. I'd love to hear experiences and suggestions from those who've already been through it.
Thanks!
Calee

So I've finally jumped on the P90x bandwagon and already feeling like the cardio is not up to par with what I've been doing with Cathe. I'm only in week 3, but so far I don't feel like I'm getting pushed as hard with the cardio as I should be.
Calee

I'm going to be doing P90X and everytime I hear someone say this, I'm so relieved! I am not a cardio queen and am hoping that the cardio in P90X will ease me into liking it without half killing me.

The cardio in P90X is not meant to be intense, because the focus is on muscle.

If you want to combine Cathe and P90X, but still keep pretty much to the P90X rotation, you could do any of her kickboxing workouts instead of KenpoX, do one of her IMAX workouts in place of PlyoX, sub one of her lower-body workouts for the P90X lower-body workout (I fiind P90X to be lacking in the lower body for me).

Sounds great, thanks Kathryn.
How long was it before you started noticing results? I do need to clean up my diet I know, but I'm closing in on a month now and am going to get impatient soon:).

The cardio in P90X is not meant to be intense, because the focus is on muscle.

If you want to combine Cathe and P90X, but still keep pretty much to the P90X rotation, you could do any of her kickboxing workouts instead of KenpoX, do one of her IMAX workouts in place of PlyoX, sub one of her lower-body workouts for the P90X lower-body workout (I fiind P90X to be lacking in the lower body for me).

I was actually thinking of doing the opposite w/STS - using p90x on off weight days: Kenpo X or Plus, Plyo,Yoga X, X Stretch...any suggestions of best way to incorporate into sts? I'd like to throw some cathe step in there, too..

Sounds great, thanks Kathryn.
How long was it before you started noticing results? I do need to clean up my diet I know, but I'm closing in on a month now and am going to get impatient soon:).

I took before pics and pics every 30 days while doing the X. I noticed a difference from day 1 to day 30. I subbed in a run and a spin class for the cardio most of the time and added in an extra leg work out that was usually some kind of cardio/leg circuit. I got fantastic results. :)

I was actually thinking of doing the opposite w/STS - using p90x on off weight days: Kenpo X or Plus, Plyo,Yoga X, X Stretch...any suggestions of best way to incorporate into sts? I'd like to throw some cathe step in there, too..

You could use the Kenpo workouts between any weight workout in STS.
I'd consider PlyoX as a second leg workout, so make sure to leave a coupld of days between it and STS legs.

For example, your week could look something like this:
STS upper body 1
Kenpo
StS Lower body
Step or other cardio
STS upper body 2
Rest
Plyo

I like the Yoga X and X Stretch a lot.

Tony is amazing in Yoga X - it lasts 1.5 hours, but time flys for me.

The cardio is fairly light. I like the Plyo and the Cardio X a lot. They are fun.

I also like the Core Synergistics.

I am in week 5 of P90X. I find and I NEVER thought that I would say this, I miss the cardio!!! I know the focus is building muscle, but I do have to pop in a Cathe DVD on some days.
I am having a hard time getting into the Yoga X...well it doesn't help when the kids come in when I am trying to hold a pose and HAVE to tell me how much the other one is getting on their nerves!!! Their Dad always sends them my way to settle disputes!!

Did anyone mix in Cathe's and enjoy the results? I'm thinking I'll start subbing KPC for Kenpo and add Imax 2 on another day and see where it goes from there. I'd love to hear experiences and suggestions from those who've already been through it.
Thanks!
Calee

Cathe's cardio and STS put P90X look like a beginner series.

STS is in a class by itself.

And P90X does not have good cardio in my opinion.

The cardio is too light in P90X.

Cathe's cardio and STS put P90X look like a beginner series.

STS is in a class by itself.

And P90X does not have good cardio in my opinion.

The cardio is too light in P90X.

Ok at least Im not the only one who thinks he cardio is far too light. I haven't don't hte cardio yet in P90X but I've been looking at it and didn't understand why everyone is sweating so hard. For what? The moves in the cardio don't really seem intense enough to cause a sweat. I rather have constant movement with low intensity breaks, not just stopping which Tony seems to do a lot.

Wanted to do STS but I think Im going to wait a few months (can you say pricey) EFFICIENT IM sURE but pricey. P90X is ok, Im on week two and Im not totally impressed. Some exercises are harder than others but the cardio is def. lacking. Im sub primarily spinning and if I miss a class, Cathe

I am considering using p90x as a kind of 'recovery' series for a month, after finishing STS, perhaps changing out the cardio for Cathe's. I'm doing STS on the six month plan, so it would be awhile... Would that make sense, if the strength training isn't as intense?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.