How long for Butts and guts?

emmaboo

Hey ,
For those who do Butts and guts, do you do ALL of it? I mean teh standing then the floor work hen the abs? Dumb question...
Or do you just do the standing workout one day hen floor the next? When i ype in B&G in the workout manager i automatically puts in a time of 70 someodd minutes so i was wondering

I've done the whole thing as is. I've done only floor work. I usually prefer the stability ball abs to the abs in the main workout. The premixes are really great on this. Have you tried them yet? I found the premixes even better than the workout as is.

Marcy

Butts and Guts--all the way--the whole thing. I remember the first time that I did B&G, I was like "hey, is this ever going to end?" It does end, but only after 70 minutes. I think you can go partial on the premixes, but if I'm going to do B&G, I like to do the whole thing. And yes, you will absolutely sweat--big time.
Michelle

The whole thing would be the standing leg work, the floor leg work, and the ab work. I've never done the bonus sections. That first 70 minutes is enough for me....
~m.

Butts and Guts Premixes

I'm glad someone mentioned the premixes. If you haven't tried the "Leg Blast" premix, I STRONGLY (no pun intended) recommend it. I think it's about 47 minutes long; all standing work. It's one of my favorites and sure showed me you can toast your legs without always having to go heavy with the weights.

BUTTS AND GUTS

I love B&G. I love the fire walkers. The majority of the time, I do the whole workout. I love it.

Can some of you tell me how much weight you are using?

For example is use:

Dead lifts: 45 lbs
Walking lunges 40 lbs
Squats: 45 lbs
One legges squats either 12 or 15 lbs

Floors: my ankle weights are 5 lbs a piece

Thank you for your input.

Stacey Langton

I cannot believe those of you who do eh WHOLE thing and finsih. I have yet to finish the entire Standing leg workout. Although it is my third time doing it and 6th time working out in 1 1/2 years!
How many times a week should I do this video (standing work) ?
I am such a beginner!

I'm glad someone mentioned the premixes. If you haven't tried the "Leg Blast" premix, I STRONGLY (no pun intended) recommend it. I think it's about 47 minutes long; all standing work. It's one of my favorites and sure showed me you can toast your legs without always having to go heavy with the weights.

Don't do it! I made the mistake of asking what B and G premix I should choose and they all pointed me to Leg Blast! Holy lunges Batman! If you love lunges, go for it, but I hate the @#$%@#$%s! I much prefer doing the complete 70 minute workout than doing the little killer Leg Blast. It may be short, but it's lethal!

Hey ,
For those who do Butts and guts, do you do ALL of it? I mean teh standing then the floor work hen the abs? Dumb question...
Or do you just do the standing workout one day hen floor the next? When i ype in B&G in the workout manager i automatically puts in a time of 70 someodd minutes so i was wondering

I personally take a very hard stance about floor work! I JUST SAY NO!!!:eek:

Ok...SOMETIMES I say YES but so rarely it doesnt matter! - I say do standing only- throw in an extra set of a few things that are hard for ya and call it a day! LOLOLOL Floors are for naps!

I love B&G. I love the fire walkers. The majority of the time, I do the whole workout. I love it.

Can some of you tell me how much weight you are using?

For example is use:

Dead lifts: 45 lbs
Walking lunges 40 lbs
Squats: 45 lbs
One legges squats either 12 or 15 lbs

Floors: my ankle weights are 5 lbs a piece

Thank you for your input.

Stacey Langton

Holy cow! I don't do the lunging with that heavy of a weight, I use 10 lbs and it's still hard! Guess I gotta kick my a&& into gear on that one ;-) And the legs premix - OMG I did it today for the first time, SO hard, so many lunges and the lunge/squat combo. Loved it as a switch up to the whole thing.

I have done the whole thing several times, and have worked with the premixes as well. I think I like the premixes better. The entire workout as is seems like a bit of overkill. Jmo.

I do the premixes and love them. I cannot for the life of me get excited about a workout that lasts for more than an hour.

Lisa

I'm actually doing the floorwork and abs premix tonight. I'm very tired, so I do floorwork or chest and triceps work when I'm tired ('cause I get to lie down AND workout at the same time).

With Cathe Vest

I just got Cathe weighted vest and used it for premix standing legs only....Ohhhhhh boy............:eek::eek::eek: did I REALLY feel it in my butt for the next 2 days.....

Therese

I love the leg blast premix. I have done the whole DVD through several times, but I usually do one of the premixes.

Butts & Guts

I usually try and do the whole thing plus the bonus workouts. No wonder this one hardly ever comes up in my rotations! I do love it though. This beats Greg Smithy Buns of Steel any day and I thought that was tough! I still wish they'd put that oldie, but goodie on DVD. Even though he was cheesy that really got the muscles shaking without adding any weights. You gotta love floor work though.

I just got Cathe weighted vest and used it for premix standing legs only....Ohhhhhh boy............:eek::eek::eek: did I REALLY feel it in my butt for the next 2 days.....

Therese

Did you use just weighted vest or did you add weights too? I just got my vest and trying figure how to use it.:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.