Help with next purchase

wudnit

Cathlete
I'm currently working on a round of P90 and I am thinking of getting back to doing Cathe afterward (I know I may have to work up to most of her workouts, but I use to do them all the time). Anyway, I have the following DVD's of her's and I'm wondering what I should add as my reward for finishing 90 days of P90 (April 18). I've been away from her long enough that I'm not familiar with her newer workouts and I want a mix of Strength, Cardio, and Circuits as I plan to put together my own rotation. Here is what I have so far:

Rhythmic Step, I Max, MIC
KPC Legs & Glues (I actually ordered this as my reward for making it to the 1/2 point!!! It
should arrive tomorrow)
Classics (I'm doing these as add ons to my current P90 workouts to familiarize myself with
them. It has been awhile since I've done step.)
Power Hour & MIS & Body Max
Cross Train Xpress
Circuit Max & Cardio Kicks

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVe kickboxing, but know I have to mix things up. Many of the workouts above I have yet to do, but I look forward to trying them all.

Would 4DS be a good next purchase? I like to get a lot of bang for my buck (lots of options with the dvds).

Thanks all!!

Mary

I'm currently working on a round of P90 and I am thinking of getting back to doing Cathe afterward (I know I may have to work up to most of her workouts, but I use to do them all the time). Anyway, I have the following DVD's of her's and I'm wondering what I should add as my reward for finishing 90 days of P90 (April 18). I've been away from her long enough that I'm not familiar with her newer workouts and I want a mix of Strength, Cardio, and Circuits as I plan to put together my own rotation. Here is what I have so far:

Rhythmic Step, I Max, MIC
KPC Legs & Glues (I actually ordered this as my reward for making it to the 1/2 point!!! It
should arrive tomorrow)
Classics (I'm doing these as add ons to my current P90 workouts to familiarize myself with
them. It has been awhile since I've done step.)
Power Hour & MIS & Body Max
Cross Train Xpress
Circuit Max & Cardio Kicks

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVe kickboxing, but know I have to mix things up. Many of the workouts above I have yet to do, but I look forward to trying them all.

Would 4DS be a good next purchase? I like to get a lot of bang for my buck (lots of options with the dvds).

Thanks all!!

Mary

If it's strength, cardio and circuits you'd like to focus on, here are a few suggestions:

Drill Max: a 6-cycle cardio / resistance circuit that has mostly floor cardio but does incorporate the step, followed by resistance cycles for the legs and upper body. Major, major nosebleeder with many awesome premixes. It also utilizes weights, band and stability ball.

Body Max 2: a step / step-power-circuit / upper-body and core workout that goes for 90 minutes, and also has a ton of premixes. One of Cathe's most popular recent releases.

Low Impact Circuit: another step / lower-upper body circuit workout that also has a great core routine; as the title indicates, it is lower impact but Cathe makes up for that in incorporating a much greater range of motion for the cardio-leg work. It too utilizes step, weights and a band. Again, great premixes, including (but not limited to) a 4-blast add-on for some major cardio.

If those aren't enough for you (HAH!), then consider the 4-Day-Split series; each workout has a briefer cardio section and select muscle group work, as well as two core routines (Cathe's 4DS-Kickbox core routine is one of my alltime favorites). Each disc has several cardio and circuit premixes; however, there is no premix that incorporates ALL of the 4DS cardio and/or ALL of the muscle work.

HTH!

A-Jock

I agree with eveything A-jock said, plus I love Imax 2/Cardio and Weights, and LowMax.

I'm a kickbox junkie too, and I really like Cardio Kicks. There was a thread sometime back and the jury was truly out with this one. Some loved it, some just did not care for it.

HTH :)

I think some of the most challenging circuit workouts are Cathe's High Step workouts, particularly HS Advanced Training and HS Challenge. But don't underestimate the beginner HS dvd, HS Circuit, because you can kick up that one by upping your weights.
~michelle

A-jock gave you some good suggestions. One thing I want to note is in 4DS there is a premix for total body weight training (97 minutes) as well as all upper body, in addition to all the circuit premixes. FYI the 4DS step workouts has fairly tricky choreography, and Cathe doesn't break in down due to the short length of the workouts; but the bootcamp and kickbox workouts are awesome, especially put together (there is a premix for that too).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.