Help!

Debby

I have been doing Firm tapes on an average of 5 to 6 six days a week since Nov 00. My endurance has improved dramatically but I have had very little success with lossing weight or inches. Diet, I realize, is a big factor of the fact that I am not getting the results that I would like, but I am working on improving. I have also recently began taking Hydroxycut and a protein shake after my workouts. It is still to soon to see if this extra effort will give me the results I am looking for. I would like to try a Cathe tape but am not real sure what tapes would work best for me. I need help with lossing weight, obviously,(goal 25 pounds, but will be happy with 20), and lower body. Any suggestions? Has anyone taken Hydroxycut or used protein shakes? What were your results? I am very fustrated and any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been trumpeting the CTX series, and I would suggest that you get them - 5 cardio sessions with weight work tacked on plus a killer leg workout in tape 6. They are short but very intense, so they will fit into any time frame you have available. Also Imax, Bodymax, Maximum Intensity Cardio, Circuit Max, Cardio Kicks, and her other weight training tapes. Maybe you could trade your Firm tapes for Cathe's in video exchange.

Are you keeping a food journal? I found that REALLY helps to see if you need to cut back on your calorie intake. As for the shake, it may be adding too many calories to your daily score. I think too many of us think we can eat endlessly just because we work out, and it ain't the case. I would suggest Weight Watchers.....sensible and easy to follow.

My two cents for what it's worth.

Hi, and just to add on to Honeybunch's reply, she is absolutely on cue with the journal, it's a must if you're really dedicated to weight loss. Trying to count calories in your head and keep track from meal to meal is not the same as putting it on paper! Only by writing it down do you really "see" what you're taking in. Along with that, it's what you're eating as well. I had been huge all my life, and it wasn't until I not only started tracking my daily calories in a food journal, but chosing and eating low fat foods as well. Once i took my daily fat intake to 20-25%, the weight started coming off with regularity. Read labels, test out different foods, find what will work for you, but even if only for 1 week, try a journal, track your calories and fat grams at each meal or snack, and you will be amazed how fast the calories add up, which will help you make wiser choices in the future. You really never have to be hungry so long as you chose your food wisely. Okay, I've lectured enough, sorry to be so long winded!
P.S. as long as I've already rapped your head off, let me pass on to you a "wonderful" product I learned about on this site. It's called "Kashi Go Lean Crunch" it's low fat, high fiber, and some kinda yummy! I eat it on everything, by itself for a quick snack, mixed in low fat yogurt(my personal favorite), it's naturally sweet and crunchy, try it! It's actually a cereal, but I haven't had it yet with milk~gee, how slow am I?
Anyway, good luck, and thumbs up to a journal, it's helped me lose 105lbs and still counting! Anne

Hi, Debby, since you workout alot, I agree it's probably the old diet that's doing you in. I have been using the food log at http://www.Fitday.com and it's great. I have had great endurance for a while and a pretty good diet but I was just staying a little fatter than I like. Tracking my intake at Fit Day has enabled me to adjust my caloric intake which was just a little too high and keeping me a little too fat in the tummy. I have been using the site faithfully and I love it. It's simple! Check it out or use a notebook but tracking your intake is a great way to master your diet.

Since I have started using Protein Powders I feel I have gotten harder, not necessarily much bigger, but my muscles just feel harder. I've been using one for about two years now. I use two scoops after every morning workout and sometimes another scoop at night. I don't use them as a food sbustitute (since I need to eat real food and chew)!. As for the Hydroxycut...I, too, have considered using a thermogenic in the past but have concerns about their safety. I know some people have had problems, although the actual number may be small compared to the number taking them. DIdn't some NFL player have a heart attack after taking them and then working out? And didn't the NFL then ban them? Not real sure about this--just picked up bits and pieces from the news. Honestly though, if a friend asked me is she should take them, I'd say no. However, I still respect your decision to make what is the best choice for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.