have you done the firm & cathe workouts

D

debra123

I posted a message a week or so ago. I posted that I was doing the firm for the last 2 years and seen great results, but I felt I needed something more advanced, so for the last 4 months I have been doing Cathe and love the results, and the intensity. I always feel so good after one of her work outs.

Last week I was ready to give or sell all my firm tapes, but now I am thinking I should keep them and rotate the 2, but not sure what to do.
I was wanting to do a good rotaion with Cathe, I feel I have enough tapes to do that now, or I was wondering if I would see better results
mixing up the 2, I don't want to hit a plateau with Cathe like I did with the firm.

I wear a HRM and I burn a heck of a lot more calories with Cathe than with my firm tapes, any suggestions?. I know how important it is to keep the body guessing and mixing up your work outs. I have a ton of firm and getting quite a collection with Cathe now. I would love to hear from you all. any and all suggestions are most welcome.

Debbie

Debbie,

This past year I also progressed from the Firm to mostly Cathe workouts. I got very ambitious and sold most of my Firms, and then regretted it.

It seems that the transition from Intermediate to full-time advanced exerciser (all Cathe, all the time) didn't happen overnite for me, and I am still working on it. In fact my knees started to protest and I realized I needed some lower intensity workouts to mix in with my Cathes. So I have bought back some Firms and use them when I don't feel up to Cathe every day. I believe there are many folks (especially over on the Firm YaYas board) that take this approach. Also they will serve you well when recovering from injury/illness.

My hope is that when Cathe's Beg/Int vids are released I can rely on those for my lower intensity needs.

Best of luck!
Kim

Keep your Firms. They are great to rotate with Cathe videos. The Firm provides a challenge in a different way than Cathe. Cathe is definitely more intense, but I find that after using only Cathe tapes for awhile, when I go back to The Firm they are quite challenging, even refreshing. Cathe and The Firm complement each other very well.

Cathy

Thanks so much cathy and Kim everything you both said makes sense to me. I will keep them all.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Debra:7 :+ :+ :p

I agree with Cathy - keep your Firm workouts. Although I use Cathe workouts almost exclusively, the Firm is great for you want a "lighter" workout. That said, the Firm workouts are still challenging, especially if you go heavier on the weights. As Cathy wrote, if you haven't done them in a while they challenge your muscles in a different way.

Alexandra

I agree with the other posters. Unless you dislike the Firm tapes, I recommend you keep them. Whenever a "Cathe vs. Firm" discussion pops up here (with most people saying the Firm bites and Cathe rocks) I always think that it's not an all-or-nothing question. I think that the Firm and Cathe complement each other really well. And, even though some of Cathe's newer workouts (ie: Legs and Glutes) come close, I've found there's nothing better for my glutes (ie: firmness and lift) than some Firm lower body work.

Thank you so much there are some good firm tapes I have, I really like firm cardio and firm strength and TT2 AND STANDING LEGS, AND AS LONG AS THE WORK OUT IS GOOD I CAN GET PAST THE OUTFITS, LOL, DOESN'T BOTHER ME A BIT. I EVEN LIKE THE bss1 and Bss2 SERIES, AND CHANGE IS I WILL TRY AND MIX THEWM ALL UP A BIT I GUESS CATHE TOOK ME TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND I WANT TO SEE GREAT RESULTS. I guess just because I don't burn as many calories as the firm as in a Cathe tape doesn't mean I am not getting a good work out and I don't want to get so burnt out with Cathe being new and all.

I was wondering do any of you have any good body bar work outs, I just got an 18 pound body bar and I heard Kelli Roberts had a great body bar work out.

I love posting here the support is wonderful everyone is so nice and helpful, thanks everyone and have a great Monday. you ALL ARE THE BEST.

Debra

:7 }( ;) :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

I believe Cathe uses a body bar in Pure Strength Legs and Abs, and that is a very good workout. As a former Firmie myself, I think this workout with the bodybar for the floor toning is better than any Firm leg workout..I have done Cathe for about 10 years and have NOT burned out yet!....:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.