Have GS...what to get next?

Bunbun

Cathlete
Any suggestions on what I should order next? I have both Gym style upper body DVDs and have gotten fantastic results using them. I hate to switch off of them as a result, but I know that I have to!

Right now I have the PS and HSC DVDs. I have definitely gained strength using PS, but have never gotten the definition results I'm getting from the Hard core Gym Styles. I don't particularly care for HSC--not crazy about the combined cardio and weights style, as the weight sections feel too rushed to me and the cardio sections have too much jumping for my knees. Also, I already get plenty of cardio via racewalking.

I have a bunch of workouts taped--PUB, PLB, SH, ME and Power Hour. Just not certain which, if any, I should get as an alternative rotation to GS--don't want to give it up!

Help, anyone? TIA!

Slow and Heavy Series. On DVD.

The rep counts are decidedly different than her other strength training offerings. The Slow-and-Heaviers here tend to use the series for shorter-term duration because of the intense focus required.

A-Jock

I agree with the S&H series. I used to use this series as a supplement to the PUB workout (in the pre-GS days). It gave me excellent results and quite a burn. The trick is to make sure you go heavy.

Maybe you can do a little combo of one of the GS premixes, and then add the GS workout.

S&H was my least favorite, too...until I saw how effective it was.

>>Maybe you can do a little combo of one of the GS premixes, and then add the GS workout.<<

You mean the GS premixes and PS workout?

>>S&H was my least favorite, too...until I saw how effective it was.<<

What kind of results did you get with it?

I also rotate GS w/ S&H's..definately produces results. I can lift a little heavier from the S&h's and GS's are giving me the definition and cut I love.

~Chrissy~:)

Wow, glad to see that I am not the only one who is not very fond of S&H. I have been reluctant to try a rotation with these but if they give everyone results, maybe they are what I need to kickstart my program.

I agree, though I really do love the definition I've gotten from GS. I wonder if I do one week SH followed by 2 of GS if that would work well?

Heh...well, I did SH chest and back on Wednesday, and was still sore on Friday. I think that the pushups got me, which is very strange because I have been able to do all the pushups in GS for a few months now. Really odd! I will probably do SH for at least another week--maybe a total of 3 weeks--before I switch back to GS.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.