Has anybody tried...

dpunch

Cathlete
Janis Saffell Hardcore Kickbox dvd..I was looking for a new kickbox workout and this sounded interesting..Has anyone done this tape? What do you think?

I am also interested in incorporating some yoga and/or pilates into my workouts so if anyone could suggest a yoga or pilates dvd it would be appreciated. I have never done pilates, so a beginner tape would be fine. As for yoga I took a class for about a year, but had to drop out due to my work schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Donna

Donna I love the hardcore kickbox circuit.It is the best kickbox workout of Janis in my opinion.Janis Saffell and Guillermo Gómez lead the class.Janis and Guillermo alternate two 10-minute aerobic segments each and two short weight segments. Jannis teach a segment of cardio and weight training and after Guillermo teach his kickbox and weight training. I prefer the kickbox leads by Guillermo. The kickbox of janis Saffell is less intense. This workout deserve each penny.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

I have this workout and really like it. I have a lot of older Janis Saffell VHS also. Don't get to do them much anymore as I only have a DVD player in my living room, now, but I really like Janis. She's the only other Kickboxing instructor I have, besides Cathe. I think you would enjoy this workout very much. I have tried a lot of other instructors that I ended up selling on Ebay but Janis is one I won't give up. And Guillermo is so cute and sexy...

Give Janis a try and let us know what you think,
Lynn

Hi Donna,

I agree with Maria and Lynn. I too only use Janis for kickboxing besides Cathe. This workout has great music and is fun. The two instructors have a great relationship and it shows through the workout. Very upbeat and fun workout!! I highly recommend it!

Aila

I bought it and found it was too dancy and not intense enough for my taste. I have been doing Cathe for almost 4 years so maybe that's why. The only section I liked was the last one where Gillermo leads.

I believe there is a new one out with only by that is much more intense. I've read about it but I haven't done it.

I guess it depends on what you like. She is no where near as intense as Cathe. This is just my opinion.

Hi,
I have the kickboxing video you asked about. I like it and find it fun. But, Guillermo Gómez has come out with anew kickboxing video/dvd . i just got it from Collage and Love this even better. Easy to follw and fun. it is called KICKBOX UNDERGROUND !!!!!!
Marsha

Thanks for all the input I think I will try both of these workouts just for a change of pace.. But with the release of the hardcore series coming next week, I don't know when I will have a chance to do them...

Donna :D

I have this also and agree it's a good workout. It's a nice complement to Cathe workouts when you want a change.

Jo

Hi Donna,

Looks like you made up your mind, I just wanted to add a thumbs up. These two specialize in this area and do it well.

jordan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.