Hardcore Extreme & The Terminator

careyben

Cathlete
Worth it? I'm wondering if I should just my 20% coupon for them. Who has these, and do you think they are worth it? I have most of the workouts they are made from. Thoughts?

Worth it? I'm wondering if I should just my 20% coupon for them. Who has these, and do you think they are worth it? I have most of the workouts they are made from. Thoughts?

Careyben, I took the liberty of peeking at your profile to get a feel for what DVDs you already have. IMHO, you would enjoy Terminator in large part because it includes many of the Boot Camp cardio and leg drills in the "Gauntlet" routine; the other two routines on this disc, "Viper" and " . . . well, sh*t, I can't remember the name of the third routine. Anyway, I always enjoyed the "Gauntlet" workout - a real huffer-puffer of a circuit workout that is a melange of I-Max 2, Boot Camp, Cardio / Weights and . . . well, sh*t, I can't remember any others. Maybe there aren't any others in "Gauntlet". But it's a good disc.

Re Hardcore Extreme, it appears you already have the discs from which that compilation disc is created. Because I pre-ordered the whole Hardcore Series combination platter, I got this one as well; however, in all honesty, I never used it. However again, many other Catheletes enjoy it.

However however again . . . how often does a 20% off coupon come around in our world? My vote is: if you have the scratch and you can do it comfortably, get both. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find SOME use for each of them.

HTH - how do you like it that spring is returning to our one-senator-light state?

A-Jock

I have HE and like it (it's tough!), however, the disc is very touchy. It freezes and skips quite a bit, even when I clean my otherwise reliable DVD player.

I believe I did a search on HE back when I first discovered this problem and found others complained of the same thing. Customer Service suggested cleaning my DVD player, and while that did help quite a bit, I still have trouble with 2 out of the 3 workouts on the disc. All of my other Cathe DVDs play fine.

Just wanted to let you know so that if you do buy HE, you test the DVD right away upon receiving it.

Thanks for the replies! My new plan is to order the new tower tomorrow with the 20% coupon, and then use the new 20% coupon for those DVDs.

I figure they might be like Cardio hits, which I just got, which I'm glad I got, but won't use again for a while, but will enjoy once a year or so.

Spring is here, finally, in MN. Although I heard we might get snow tonight...

Ben

I've had no problems with my Hardcore Extreme disk. And both Hardcore Extreme and the Terminator are AWESOME!! You can't go wrong!!:D

Careyben,

The 3rd workout on Terminator is IMAX X-treme and has the most cardio of the 3 workouts.

As others have said, you should get both HCE and Terminator. They are all great workouts. The only thing is these are all circuit workouts and you should ask yourself how often you do circuit workouts. I do love these workouts but I haven't done them in quite a while because once I started doing splits, they didn't exactly fit in my rotations but I'm still glad I have them.

The only other thing I'll mention is that they are long workouts. The Terminator workouts are between 70-80 minutes (The Viper is 80 minutes; the other 2 are 70 mins.). The Hardcore Workouts are between 60-70 minutes.

I don't mean to steer you away from getting these - I really love them, but just thought I'd give you a few more facts about them.

Marcy

Okay, just thought I'd share... I got the new tower, both circuit workouts, and Muscle Max.

Now I have something to look forward to after STS. I just finished Meso 3, week one, so the new workouts will get here just in time.

Thanks - now, just the credit card to sort out...

Ben :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.