Gym Styles=Tough!

cher54

Cathlete
I don't know what it is about GS upperbody, but everytime I revisit these workouts I'm amazed at how tough they are! Granted, I heavy up on most everything but they are still killer , most specifically biceps. My forearms are so full by the end of the sequence I can barely get through. Anybody else experience this with GS? I've done STS many times over and am currently doing Xtrain, but nothing burns like GS for some reason.:eek:

What a coincidence! I just started doing a GS rotation this week, and this is the first time I've tried this series. I've done Legs and the Back/Shoulders/Bis workouts, Chest/Tris is set for Saturday. You're right--tough. I LOVE the bicep workout and usually, I hate doing bis. I'm adapting to using the band, but the burn has been incredible. I have to admit that I was having problems w/some of the floorwork on the ball, but next time, I will revert to using my hands on the floor to keep steady so I can focus on my glutes/hams.

Yes, GYM STYLES KICKS BUTT!!!!:p
I did a rotation about a year ago that had GS Legs 2X per week along with the upper body GS 1X each per week, but I would add shoulders & bis to Chest/Tris, and tris to Back/Shoulders/Bis. It made for long workouts, but it was SOOOOOO worth it. I might try that strategy again!:eek:

I just did GS Legs today and absolutely love that workout.

A while back I bought S&H and as much as I love the concept and the feel of it there is just too much waiting around time between sets; I know it's necessary but it just kills me to take so much time when I'm also trying to get to work that morning... maybe GS UB would fit my schedule better.

Thanks for this post - now I am convinced that I have to use the discount sale to buy GS Upper body!

Last year I did the STS 90 day rotation twice, back to back and then jumped onto GS for a month. I wasn't prepared to have my butt handed to me, those discs are tough! Phew!

This morning was my first time with GS; I did both UB workouts this morning:
Chest/Triceps (Supersets premix) and Shoulders/Back/Biceps (timesaver).

LOVED IT! Love the exercises in these workouts and I definitely love the burn; I am so glad I have these workouts!

I am so glad to have read these comments about gym style. I already have gym style legs, but after reading all of the comments today I ordered the other 2 dvd's. I've been doing xtrain since 1-1-13 and I'm ready to start doing more of Cathe's other dvd's again. I love xtrain but I feel bad to only be doing those, so I'm starting to change things up. Esp. since my body had already started changing and clothes are getting looser. I already had to order smaller shorts to work out in because my other ones keep falling down. Nothing worse that always having to pull up your shorts when you have boxing gloves on. But I'm not complaining because I love knowing things are getting smaller, not bigger. So now I'm hoping gym style will help change things up in my routine.

Keep in mind muscle max is an awesome complement to these workouts. If you find combining the two upper body workouts too long, you can just so the upper body portion muscle max.

It was around an hour+5-15 min skipping the cool down/stretch in the first DVD and skipping the warmup in the 2nd DVD... but I added extra stretching and foam rolling.
Even though both were premixes I still ended up with some nice DOMS the next day:)

That's amazing! you're doing incredibly so good :) A steady focus on floor work, will ensure development of those glutes and hams..

I just did the GS Legs dvd two days ago - and am always in awe of how good of a workout it gives you. I just wish my calves weren't screaming so much for two days. I try to build up to what Cathe can do, but I suffer when I do with the calves only for some reason.

Doing GS Back Bicep & Shoulders tonight!:eek:

After getting peer pressured by some of my check-in buddies (you know who you are ;)) I felt as though my Cathe collection was simply not complete without Gym Style UB (I download workouts and already own GS Legs). I tried GS Back, Shoulder's, Bi's for the first time yesterday :eek:. Instant "love" as soon as I hit the play button. Now I know why these workouts get rave reviews!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.